2 turbos and 2 screen problems

Jschanewolf

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had a screen go out? Iv had 2 first was after a month. Second one lasted 4months. No moisture or abuse. Its kept in flip case all the time. Verizon rep suggested I had downloaded an app with a virus. Sounds bogus to me. Anyhow they both just went black randomly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to boot into Recovery and see the menu displayed on the screen? https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/102367/p/30,6720,9277. If so, then at least you know the screen itself didn't fail. But if you can't boot into Recovery, then either the screen failed, or something on the motherboard did. At this point, don't talk to Verizon--talk to Motorola.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to hear/see anyone complain of this issue. If it's a hardware issue like B. Diddy suggested, you have completely awful luck if you've had two devices go blank.

That said, VZW might be in the ballpark. Could be a website you visit, items you've downloaded, etc. that has a virus piggybacking. But B. Diddy is correct, you'll get better answers and info going through Moto.

Jschanewolf

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Only websites i go to is this one and google searches pretty much. I never download outside of google play and do virus scan from time to time. Phone still works just no screen. Verizon is sending a replacement should be here today. If its a new in box I might just sell it and get new phone or use my lg g2 which has been a great phone

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
My phone actually got a virus from google play and from google searches, simply from pop ups I accidentally hit. My screen went blank as well. I had to sync my phone with my PC and run a professional anti viral scan quarantine and remove. My phone is fine now but I use my clean PC of all things lol they even fixed my WiFi router. Also quick question did you at any point switch the Sim cards on your turbos.

Posted via the Android Central App

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Cm antivirus seems to work well it is free and has real time safe web browsing and safe WiFi searches anti malware and free phone location .

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12