anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've never experienced HD voice with another turbo user but I've got a colleague who has an iPhone 6 and every time we talk it's in HD. Shows HD icon on my screen. And it's crystal clear perfect sounding. Can really tell a difference.

But he's not even on verizon. My daughter has iPhone 6 and on verizon plan with me and it's not even HD with her.

What gives?

Posted via the Android Central App

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
My wife has a I phone 6 as well same thing but it won't work with my sons and we are all on Verizon so I'm just as confused as you lol

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Would love to try HD Voice, but don't like the fact that its usage goes against my data plan allotment.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Would love to try HD Voice, but don't like the fact that its usage goes against my data plan allotment.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

It doesn't. Only video calls count against your data plan. HD voice audio calls do not.

See https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...zon.com/support/hd-voice-faqs/&token=NTQgF9MN

HD Voice is included in your existing voice plan at no additional charge, but must be added to your account in My Verizon. HD Voice calls are billed as standard voice minutes, according to your plan .

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
If you log onto your Verizon account and fiddle around with your plan and the services they offer there's an option for HD voice. I remember setting it up on my dad's iphone it gave some sort of extra instructions whereas android phones do it automatically once you add "HD voice" to your plan

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It could also be on the phone side. You have to activate Advanced Calling 1.0 on your Verizon account, and also have it active on your handset. That is, you can have the service on your account and turn it off on your phone. I'm guessing in cases where HD voice isn't showing up and you think it should, one or both of those isn't set proeprly.

I am surprised that HD calls are showing cross-carrier. I didn't think that was possible yet.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
As an interesting tangent, the AC article "What's new in Android 5.1" mentions that Android 5.1 will have HD Voice baked into the OS.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
As an interesting tangent, the AC article "What's new in Android 5.1" mentions that Android 5.1 will have HD Voice baked into the OS.

And from what I've read, this is what will allow cross-carrier calls to use HD Voice.

Posted via the Turbo

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I've never experienced HD voice with another turbo user but I've got a colleague who has an iPhone 6 and every time we talk it's in HD. Shows HD icon on my screen. And it's crystal clear perfect sounding. Can really tell a difference.

But he's not even on verizon. My daughter has iPhone 6 and on verizon plan with me and it's not even HD with her.

What gives?

I think you have to enable HD through vzw, that may be the reason your experiencing the difference in quality.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
no, all you need to do is log on the verizon website and find where you can manage your plans options and features and find the HD calling and enable it for free. It changes nothing at all. I forget if it also enables video calling or if that separate but thats also free. If you use the video calling feature it uses data but the feature is free.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
no, all you need to do is log on the verizon website and find where you can manage your plans options and features and find the HD calling and enable it for free. It changes nothing at all. I forget if it also enables video calling or if that separate but thats also free. If you use the video calling feature it uses data but the feature is free.

And also enable it on your handset. Settings > Advanced Calling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34