Why has my battery suddenly started draining fast?

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery Suddenly Draining

Mine has dropped dramatically since Google Play Music updated a couple days ago, in fact Play Music was starting up in the background and kept coming back even though I force closed it. I uninstalled the update back to the factory version and will see if that restores the AWESOME battery life I was getting before. Really annoying that it gets broken like that from an update.

deb1262

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I had that with the Ultra. I searched and was told to reboot...shut down, restart and that worked with the battery drain. Just a suggestion for you.

Steven Starks

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Hello. I upgraded to Lollipop and all of the sudden it seems that the battery dies. At first I thought it was Zynga, and sometimes when I delete the data, it lasts. Today I have not opened the two apps and it lasted until just now. I have the battery saver to come on automatically at 15%, and it does not. When I look at the graph, it decreases at a normal pace and all of the sudden there's a cliff. After I plug it back in it shows that it has a substantial battery life still. Sometimes though the plus doesn't work and it shows zero battery and charging but won't turn back on. When this happens it is difficult to get a screenshot. Almost sounds like a software issue.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Try clearing the cache (instructions easy to find) and then, turn phone off and charge overnight.

KHUNKKA

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine is worse.i finished charging my battery 11 pm then when i woke up the next day i was shock for it was already low at 1%. I was so shocked. Why is that??

Kelley A

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I have NOT changed AYTHING on my phone for years. Now, since receiving a strange msg from unknown # like IE: 45302 it looked to be mostly all in code, now my battery is draining with barely any usage?
Anyn suggestions?

rjaffeux

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
My Droid 4, went from a great battery life to draining quickly wiht no add ons and no adjustments to the battery heating up being anywhere but a table top to dead and the phone not seeing it. Basicly it now only will stay on plugged in and restarting, restoring it won't help... HELP me..

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My Droid 4, went from a great battery life to draining quickly wiht no add ons and no adjustments to the battery heating up being anywhere but a table top to dead and the phone not seeing it. Basicly it now only will stay on plugged in and restarting, restoring it won't help... HELP me..

A droid 4 is a 4 year old phone. Almost certainly the battery is worn out. It's time for a new phone.

Keith Trice

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Droid Turbo for a few months now, and the battery life has been great. It was the biggest reason I bought this phone in the first place. Over the past two days, however, the battery life has DRAMATICALLY downgraded. At 11 p.m. last night, I had 58% battery life with no apps running. The phone was in sleep mode. That much battery should have been able to get me through last night and ALL of TODAY. This morning, I check my phone, and I'm at 22% with the phone not in use for 8 hours.

All of the bells and whistles on this device are turned off. I don't have the reach out display thing turned on where it recognizes your movement. The screen is only taking up 30% of the battery draw. I have the bare minimum notifications turned on - the rest are off. My system did NOT update within the last two days. The battery simply seems to be freaking out.

Has anyone else had this? Suggestions?

I do not have an answer for you. I have also had the same problem with my galaxy 5. If you find out anything please let me know. My son suggested call Verizon who is my carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:

teaboi

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Do not install an app like that.

Open up settings / battery usage and take a screenshot (hold power and volume down at the same time until the screenshot happens.) On that page is a graph at the top showing battery left by time. Tap that graph and a new page will open. Grab a screenshot of that and post the screen shots here.

It's likely that you have an app that is keeping the phone awake when it shouldn't and it may be an easy fix.

it's not working I need more example to figure it out

Last edited by a moderator:

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Also remember that as a phone ages you'll notice the battery degrades. Usually for me it's more of a one day I'm like, wow, my battery isnt lasting too long. That's usually when I decide to get a new phone.

Sure you can replace the battery but usually the aftermarket ones aren't nearly as good as the OEM and isn't really worth it. It's a crapshoot how long they last

grofflance

May 14, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same issues. I have to charge in the late afternoon to make it through the day. It was never like this until the recent upgrade with new OS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170616-213228.jpg
    Screenshot_20170616-213228.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20170616-220823.jpg
    Screenshot_20170616-220823.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20170616-220817.jpg
    Screenshot_20170616-220817.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 22

Sue Patterson

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
Re: nexus 6p Battery Suddenly Draining

Nexus 6p works fine then all of a sudden when I think i have 20/30% left it shuts down... See battery graph, nothing in the apps looks odd.. Any suggestions??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze