Why won't my Droid Turbo charge?

A

AC Question

I have the 32GB Ballistic Nylon Droid Turbo for a while now but I have just now run into a problem. Whenever I plug in my phone to the turbo charger it doesn't always charge, It might say charging but when I go into the battery section it still thinks it running on battery. Other times it will charge then stop, then I have to plug it back in all over again. I really need help because this is the 5th time I have woken up to a dead phone while its sitting on the charger.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

A faulty USB lead or a faulty or dirty USB port are quite likely possibilities, but it could be anything in the charging circuit, from wall socket to battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

TimCasey27

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Sometimes unplugging and plugging it back in at the phone end will start it charging again, other times it won't. I've tried several different chargers, but I get the same result with all of them.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I suddenly have this issue with my 32 gig Turbo today. I just went through the "optimizing apps" booting issue, which drained my battery. I think I got passed that by wiping the cache partition (not entirely sure, but it was suggested and seems to have helped since this morning) but now my phone won't charge properly. It will not charge when plugged into the wall, even though it recognizes it is plugged in. I get the lightning icon over the battery, the battery menu indicates it's plugged in, and the low battery warning goes away, but the battery continues to drain. It will charge when plugged into my computer at work, but extremely slowly. I know charging from a computer is slower in general, but I used to charge off the computer on a regular basis before I brought a wall unit in to work. It took about 4 hours for a full charge, but it's been plugged in about 4 hours now and only made it to 35%. If I am using the phone, the charging cannot keep up and the battery will go down. I've checked both chargers on my tablet, and they charge it fine. I haven't dropped my phone recently or abused it, I'm pretty careful with it. I can't think of any reason it should suddenly have these issues. Any ideas? I sincerely don't want to go spend my evening at a Verizon store or on another phone to get this one dealt with.

Last edited:

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious to know if slowmyke found any answers? My Droid Turbo does that exact same thing.

Not exactly. I've pitched the charger I had at work and brought in a new cord to charge off the my computer when needed. It's still unbelievably slow, but until I get around to buying another wall charger it'll suffice. The phone seems to charge alright at home and in my car, so I'm not sure what's going on at work.

As for the optimizing apps issue, I haven't had it since that day, but I make sure not to restart while on a charger, which is supposedly a trigger for the problem.

rharvey3002

May 12, 2016
Visit site
When I upgraded to marshmallow I stated having charging issues.
how many of you that are having charging issues, upgraded to marshmallow?
did your problem start before or after the upgrade.
mine started after the upgrade.

if you google it you will see many others are in the same boat.
thanks
Robert

Alex Ortiz27

May 19, 2016
Visit site
When I upgraded to marshmallow I stated having charging issues.

thanks
Robert

Same here. After update turbo charge doesn't work anymore. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
"When I upgraded to marshmallow I stated having charging issues.

thanks
Robert "

Same here. After update turbo charge doesn't work anymore. Is there a fix for this?

So how are you guys on Marshmallow ? The Turbo hasn't gotten Marshmallow yet . By chance do the 2 of you have the Turbo 2 ? If so you're in the wrong forum.

Noah Powell1

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
So I've had my Droid Turbo now for 4 years. I've had these issues that you've all mentioned for the past 2 years. I'm on my 8th or so charger and the issues keep getting worse quicker with each charger I get. I'm to the point where if I plug in my phone via a wall outlet and it is on 40% battery, it will say that it is going to take 1day 3hours to charge fully which I find ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that at this point, I just need a new phone.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I've had my Droid Turbo now for 4 years. I've had these issues that you've all mentioned for the past 2 years. I'm on my 8th or so charger and the issues keep getting worse quicker with each charger I get. I'm to the point where if I plug in my phone via a wall outlet and it is on 40% battery, it will say that it is going to take 1day 3hours to charge fully which I find ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that at this point, I just need a new phone.
Or maybe just a a new battery!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12