The Turbo still gets no love around here?

runcieb

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Its because Google but mostly Verizon is too busy stuffing their pockets and playing with themselves to release 5.1.. Otherwise the Turbo would be an amazing phone...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Its because Google but mostly Verizon is too busy stuffing their pockets and playing with themselves to release 5.1.. Otherwise the Turbo would be an amazing phone...

The Turbo is an amazing phone even without Lollipop. My best guess is that its a Verizon exclusive so they avoid mentioning it and rather mention more widely available devices.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching to a Turbo. I'm curious about your statement about 5.1.1. What in 5.1.1 would make it more amazing?

Depends who you ask. If you're the type of person who needs the latest version of android NOW, this phone is not for you.

However, if you like a phone that uses a very stable build, has an amazing battery, is buttery smooth, and you don't mind not having the greatest cell camera, I recommend the Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The Turbo is an amazing phone even without Lollipop. My best guess is that its a Verizon exclusive so they avoid mentioning it and rather mention more widely available devices.

Agreed. The Verizon exclusive would be reason enough for them to leave it off the list.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
To all those involved in the discussion of this thread I remind you to please remain civil in your responses .
If you see a post that irritates you, consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button.

You are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

If you see a post which you believe violates the guidelines of this forum do not reply to it but report it instead. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree that exclusivity through Verizon kept the Turbo off of the list. America alone has three other big carriers and putting the Turbo in a "top ten" would be irrelevant to a lot of people.

I suppose the same could be said for the OnePlus. Great phone, difficult to get.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
To all those involved in the discussion of this thread I remind you to please remain civil in your responses .
If you see a post that irritates you, consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button.

You are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

If you see a post which you believe violates the guidelines of this forum do not reply to it but report it instead. Thanks
I didn't see a single post on this thread that would require such a nannying response. Could you please tell me what caused you to post this?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see a single post on this thread that would require such a nannying response. Could you please tell me what caused you to post this?

There were two or three posts deleted. I'm not sure seeing them would have changed your post, though. Pretty mild stuff.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

There were two or three posts deleted. I'm not sure seeing them would have changed your post, though. Pretty mild stuff.
If you have a question about something a Moderator has done in the forums then please PM the Moderator. Please do not publicly question or discuss this in the forums.

Just a quick quote from our Forum Rules & Guidelines..

Moderators - Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all moderator decisions are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action.

Thank you,

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
The turbo is a Verizon only phone, I imagine this was a factor. But the only list of top phones I really care about is my list...turbo is #1 on that list ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084