Sissing background phonecall noise in speakerphone, headphones & earpiece

DWYS WYSD

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
When on a phone call, either as HD LTE calling or normal, there's a background sissing noise that halos around the person's voice. Doesn't matter if speakerphone, headphones or earpiece. Turned off voice privacy, no difference. My previous droid Maxx and s5 didn't have this issue. My gf iPhone 6 doesn't have this issue. My business desk phone neither. Also my previous was much louder for speakerphone and podcasts as a side note. Anyone else notice this? IMO I just think it's nature of the phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a case on the phone? If yes, is it covering any of the microphone openings? The other microphones are used for background noise cancellation so it *could* be something like that.

Otherwise, maybe Motorola just used a bad codec for phone calls.

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I got my Turbo about six weeks ago. Had problem with earpiece on the Turbo. Unfortunately, that phone got smashed (fell on hard surface and screen shattered) and got a new phone. Same thing happens with new phone. Very frustrating.

I have three earpieces (car, work, home) and it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen with all of them some of the time. Hearing or talking just kind of goes out intermittently and have to unplug. Earpieces worked fine with previous phone (Droid Razr Maxx HD). Any insight into resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe DeShazo

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Motorola Droid Turbo-Hissing Sound in Earpiece SOLVED

Okay, so here it is Everyone.

If you are Engaged in a Cell Phone Call and you as the USER of the Handest (Motorola Droid Turbo) are Experiencing a HISSING sound, there is a Simple Fix for this problem which after Several Months NOBODY has been able to come up with a solution. Not even our So-Called Verizon Wireless OR Motorola Engineers. Which goes to further PROVE how IN-Competent Verizon Wireless "Technical Support Staff, BOTH Tier-I and Tier-II" really are.

The FIX assuming your Motorola Droid is CURRENTLY Running System Version 21.44.12.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US
better known as android 4.4.4

1. Launch your Keypad Dialer (Stock)
2. Press the 3 Dots in Lower Right Corner and Select SETTINGS
3. Scroll Down and Check to ENABLE the Following:

Hearing Aids - Turn On Hearing Aid Compatability

Voice Privacy- Enable Enhanced privacy mode

THATS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sit Back and ENJOY HD Receive Audio on your Motorola Droid Turbo with NO HISSING SOUND in the Earpiece. I dont use headsets or anything, so I have no way to verify if it corrects problem in Headsets, but I CAN VERIFY that it DOES Fix Hissing Sound in Earpiece.

If you have Advanced calling Activated on your Motorola Droid Turbo, you will Notice that this CORRECTS the issue as well and gives you Awesome Receive Audio in the earpiece. I have Tested & Re-Tested this Fix by Placing Phone Calls in mutiple different enviroments including a quiet room, walking inside a building with and without Noise in the background , Outside in Quiet and Noisy Enviroments , Lastly I tested this in a Moving Truck going down the highway with BOTH Windows Rolled Up and Rolled Down. The Receive Audio held Up to High Quality.

I then Called and Informed Verizon Wireless Technical Support Supervisors and Emailed BOTH Motorola Engineers and Verizon CEO's how they DO have an Issue with Receive audio and here is the Fix since NOBODY inside Verizon Wireless or Motorola Communications could Determine what the Issue was nor how-to repair the problem.

As Always, if you have any questions or feedback, please dont hesitate to let me know,

In the meantime, I am still going back to a Quality Device FREE of any problems like these kind of Quirks.
So Long Android , Im going back to my Trouble-Free Blackberry Z-30 where Problems Dont Exist and Secure Solutions Thrive.

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo-Hissing Sound in Earpiece SOLVED

UDAMAN, Joe! Hey, thanks for the great post; you made my entire life 3% better. I appreciate it. So far so good with the earpiece...hopefully this will take care of it for good. Thanks again.

DWYS WYSD

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. Didn't notice any difference Joe. However, turning off privacy is one less audioprocessor in the mix. And hearing aid, isn't that for wire headphone plug in? That won't affect speakers. So leaving off. Under Sound options I Turned off EQ! Significant difference! But will continue testing.

gemery#CB

Banned
Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me. First time I heard a non advanced calling call sound as good as before it was enabled... Now to find someone with advanced calling again..

Posted via the Android Central App

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me as well. Now if I could find a a way to get rid of the weird delay/silence right after they answer the phone (I - or they - don't usually hear the first 'Hello')

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks