How can I get Google Voice/Hangouts to work on my Turbo?

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Google Voice/Hangouts question on Turbo

I use Google Voice via the Hangouts app as a secondary phone line on my Droid Turbo.

The issue I am having is with phone calls that come in to my Google Voice number. Instead of using only the Hangouts Dialer app to receive those calls, the calls seem to come through Hangouts AND the default DT dialer app at the same time! What ends up happening is that first, the Hangouts app starts to ring, then (second) the default DT dialer app start up and rings over the Hangouts dialer. The end result is that when I pick up the call on the DT dialer app, I always get a missed call on Hangouts. In addition, if I miss the call completely I then get a missed call notification from both Hangouts and the default dialer app.

I followed these instructions: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en

Can anyone help with this? I am fine with all incoming calls from both lines coming in through the default dialer app. If that can't happen then I am fine with the Google Voice calls coming in only through Hangouts.

This is driving me nutty. Thanks in advance everyone.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Voice/Hangouts question on Turbo

I use Google Voice via the Hangouts app as a secondary phone line on my Droid Turbo.

The issue I am having is with phone calls that come in to my Google Voice number. Instead of using only the Hangouts Dialer app to receive those calls, the calls seem to come through Hangouts AND the default DT dialer app at the same time! What ends up happening is that first, the Hangouts app starts to ring, then (second) the default DT dialer app start up and rings over the Hangouts dialer. The end result is that when I pick up the call on the DT dialer app, I always get a missed call on Hangouts. In addition, if I miss the call completely I then get a missed call notification from both Hangouts and the default dialer app.

I followed these instructions: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en

Can anyone help with this? I am fine with all incoming calls from both lines coming in through the default dialer app. If that can't happen then I am fine with the Google Voice calls coming in only through Hangouts.

This is driving me nutty. Thanks in advance everyone.

You are getting double notifications because Google Voice is currently setup to forward to your cell number. Go to google.com/voice, and then settings, and finally uncheck the box next to the phone you are using. This will prevent any incoming Google Voice calls from also ringing your dialer app, and thus, the double notification.

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google Voice/Hangouts question on Turbo

You are getting double notifications because Google Voice is currently setup to forward to your cell number. Go to google.com/voice, and then settings, and finally uncheck the box next to the phone you are using. This will prevent any incoming Google Voice calls from also ringing your dialer app, and thus, the double notification.

Awesome, thanks! Weird because I don't remember that being an issue on my S3. Maybe I changed some settings and don't remember doing it ... anyway, very glad to have that issue resolved. Thanks dusoccer10!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol