Droid Turbo gets three new metallic accent colors from Verizon, available starting May 28

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
More options is great... Just hate how newer colors come out months later .. when people probably wanted them earlier :(.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Really, new colors? Where is lollipop?

Ha, it only took two replies for this. We all knew it was coming...

(Many people who buy phones care more about color options than they do about the OS version. Though maybe they don't necessarily read androidcentral.com forums, too?...)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Seriously man I don't understand what Motorola is trying to do here. Completely going towards the wrong (the direction current users want them to go) direction.
They bring out new hardware with the same old software?

It seems foolish for me to think that they'll announce the update with the new phones. Although it's exactly what they should do if they care about their customers AT ALL.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Seriously man I don't understand what Motorola is trying to do here. Completely going towards the wrong (the direction current users want them to go) direction.

It's not Motorola - they just do what Verizon tells them. It seems odd that people forget this, but these are Verizon's phones, and I'm sure that these new color options things are worked out months in advance - probably when the phone is first being designed.

It was at this time last year that Verizon dropped the Ultra but "updated" the Maxx to have the Ultra colored backs, but the Ultra limited 16 GB of storage as well. (So, maybe it does happen after the phone is launched, because I'm sure that's when Verizon realized that the Ultra just wouldn't sell if people could buy either the Maxx, with a much larger battery, or the Moto X, with customized backs, a more aggressive update schedule, and the exact same battery.)

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon can keep the fancy new colors. I want fixed AC & better WiFi reception (so I can do simultaneous voice & data when AC failsl

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It seems foolish for me to think that they'll announce the update with the new phones. Although it's exactly what they should do if they care about their customers AT ALL.

The people who want Lollipop now are the vocal minority.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The people who want Lollipop now are the vocal minority.

I have patiently waited for over 6 months. That is way more then reasonable. I just find it insulting that they launch new colors without getting the long overdue software update rolled out.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy new colors brought to you by America's number one cell phone provider. They sure have got there finger on the pulse.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have patiently waited for over 6 months. That is way more then reasonable. I just find it insulting that they launch new colors without getting the long overdue software update rolled out.

Speak with your wallet. New phone. New carrier.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, how you spend your hard earned cash is the only real voice we as consumers have. But is there really a better option, I mean if the turbo got lollipop tomorrow, what phone surpasses it?

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm guessing you never had a Droid X. I seem to remember waiting a long time for Froyo or Gingerbread almost a year . You've been Waiting for 6 months ROFL please !

We need better smilies on this forum . lol

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing you never had a Droid X. I seem to remember waiting a long time for Froyo or Gingerbread almost a year . You've been Waiting for 6 months ROFL please !

We need better smilies on this forum . lol

Yes, and then waiting another three months to fix the upgraded software.

Amazes me how people scream for new software, and then when they get it, scream cause it doesn't work as it should, and then scream for an update to fix the software.
After the X, my idea is to allow them to take their time and hopefully get it right the first time.

I currently have a LG G3 on AT&T and seriously thinking of dumping both and returning to Moto and verizon. AT&T evidently hurried to get the LG G3 up to 5.0 and it has ruined the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke