How can I read texts over Bluetooth head set?

jschlis

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Read texts over bluetooth head set

I would like to have my bluetooth headset read my texts with the ability to reply. Is there an app available or something built in the turbo that will allow me to do this? I currently have a Plantronics explorer 505.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Read texts over bluetooth head set

Go to moto app, click the cog in the upper right corner, select the assist option and check the driving option

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 62168.jpg
    62168.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 33

tdelfie03

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

I use motto assist on my turbo just about every day. In order for it to work while driving you have to have high accuracy location turned on. If you have a Bluetooth headset paired it allows you to use the headset to respond to texts

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Yeah it comes preloaded on the he turbo, hence the screen shot. Like tdelfie said, you have to have high accuracy mode on, but I also use it every day, with a plantronic headset, it works perfectly.

Attachments

• 62194.jpg
    62194.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 27

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

The issue with assist is that it only works while you are moving fast enough to be considered driving, or are at home. If you are walking about (say, walking to work from the subway), it won't help you.

Also, I believe that assist cannot read texts that are mms messages. So, if you are part of a group text, it won't read those messages, even if they are all text.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Isn't there a function for the blind that reads out msgs, if you aren't using it while riding or driving that should do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith