Battery life question

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
First off, I'm sure there's a number of factors going into the battery draw. However, I took my phone off the charger BEFORE I went to sleep last night to see where the battery would be with, in theory no physical use.

I woke up to the battery at 70% . Now when I first got the phone, and personalized it, removed bloatware, etc, I had got close to 30 hours.
Now, I'm seeing that the phone was awake almost all night (moto actions are off), and my WiFi was on pretty consistently (scanning always available is off, and keep WiFi on, is only on when plugged in)

Any ideas as to what is keeping the phone awake, and keeping the WiFi on?

Also, if there's a certain screen that would be helpful please let me know, I'll screenshot

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 73804.jpg
    73804.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 73805.jpg
    73805.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 45
  • 73806.jpg
    73806.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 45

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Where in the usage graph is the time that you were asleep? The only block of constant awake seems to coincide with the screen coming on periodically and for fairly long amounts of time. As you can see, and as seems obvious, when the screen is on, the phone is by definition awake.

You say you have no Moto Actions on, but any other automation apps, like Tasker or AutomateIt? I'm going to assume you have some app that is holding the phone awake from that block that is solid awake with no screen on time (which doesn't appear to be very many hours). So, you can start going through apps to see which ones are set to do background updates, and see if one of them is the culprit.

The one screenshot your missing is the initial settings / battery usage screen, which lists the top battery use apps or services, or the "app usage" list from GSAM. If you have an app that is listed high in that list, you can probably suspect that is the (or a) culprit.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Where in the usage graph is the time that you were asleep? The only block of constant awake seems to coincide with the screen coming on periodically and for fairly long amounts of time. As you can see, and as seems obvious, when the screen is on, the phone is by definition awake.

You say you have no Moto Actions on, but any other automation apps, like Tasker or AutomateIt? I'm going to assume you have some app that is holding the phone awake from that block that is solid awake with no screen on time (which doesn't appear to be very many hours). So, you can start going through apps to see which ones are set to do background updates, and see if one of them is the culprit.

The one screenshot your missing is the initial settings / battery usage screen, which lists the top battery use apps or services, or the "app usage" list from GSAM. If you have an app that is listed high in that list, you can probably suspect that is the (or a) culprit.

That's my issue. For the first 8 hours or so, I was asleep, yet the phone seems to be awake. Moto actions are off, and I don't have any apps like Tasker or such.

The list of apps you mentioned, is that what I posted in the second post or do you mean something different?

Thanks for the input!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca