Extreme overheating when in a group chat

flooben

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
When I am in a group chat and am on a wifi network the messages never actually are delivered to my phone, i just get a little bubble that i can click that makes my phone download the message. When this happens ill get a whole bunch of undownloaded messages piling up and my phone keeps trying to process them i assume so it heats up to an extreme level. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue with messages not downloading over wifi and if this causes there phone to heat up a lot too, this also causes my battery to drain extremely fast. I just tried downloading the google messenger app (not hangouts) to see if this problem would be solved and it still isnt helping. And yes all my other apps are working on the wifi so its not an issue with the wifi.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I use textra for my text messaging app and my phone never heats up from group messages. If you want to give it a try make sure you go to settings and check the box for use mms for group chats

Posted via the Android Central App

Brian Singleton

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Odd, same thing just started happening to me out of the blue on SMS using Google's Messenger app too. Seems to only be happening during group texts. I hadn't made the wifi connection until just now, but I have been connected to wifi every time I have issues. Phone becomes extremely hot and very fast battery drain.

brockpsu

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issues. Happens to me with any mms. Had to switch to textra and check the setting for t-mobile wifi fix. It's shuts off wifi when sending and receiving mms.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol