tablet and phone as trusted device

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a way to connect a tablet and phone over Bluetooth in such a way as to use them as trusted devices for smart lock? I always have both, so it seems like a good way to get my phone unlocked.

Surely if they sell $24 dongles for a keychain, a $400 tablet should be able to do the same thing....any app at all? The tablet won't connect persistently unless it is in tether mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a way to connect a tablet and phone over Bluetooth in such a way as to use them as trusted devices for smart lock? I always have both, so it seems like a good way to get my phone unlocked.

Surely if they sell $24 dongles for a keychain, a $400 tablet should be able to do the same thing....any app at all? The tablet won't connect persistently unless it is in tether mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't believe this can be done.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never thought if using another full fledged android device as a trusted device... Not sure how to be honest. They are designed to pair with "companion devices" like watches and headsets. I'm thinking of it like a device that is a source can pair with our phones (which is a receiver), but I'm not sure if a receiver device (a tablet) can also be a source device.

Sorry I know there's zero useful information in my ramblings, but it's an interesting proposition to be sure...

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal...because you can't stop the signal!