Which case should I get for the Droid Turbo?

Jammer91

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased the Droid Turbo ballistic nylon version. I enjoy the sleek feel and the phone seems durable all on it's own, but a case is sounding better and better. I'm going to be a [language removed] with my pickyness about the case :p. Which case out there is durable against drops, has a grippy feel, yet doesn't add too much bulk? The cimo case and diztronic case on Amazon both received wonderful reviews. The incipio also seemed like a decent choice, but the reviews were too mixed. So I'm bringing this question to the pros of Android Central. Which case would you recommend? The phone would pretty much be either in my pocket or on a desk; rarely if ever in a rough environment.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I love and would suggest the life proof case and after that the otterbox defender. I personally have the lifeproof. I know it is a niche case because not everyone needs the phone to be water proof, but, even if you arent a camper or outdoorsman or hiker etc, I also dont have to worry about water or anything. The case doesnt add much bult at all and has a see through back. It does make the speaker sound not as loud and the microphone harder to pick up. For a while people have complained on and off about call quality. Will lollipop fix that I am not sure. I recently started using the LG tone pro headset so problem solved

kuyawil

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Check out the Tech 21 case. It's very well designed even without a screen shield. Case provides great protection all around. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my Droid Turbo!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
We have used the Verizon store Shell Holster case combo on our last 3 Moto phones. Currently on my Turbo 64G and my wife's S6.

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
No one like the flip case by Motorola? :-(

I actually just saw it on Verizon's website a couple days ago and really want it. I'm currently using the Pure Gear case I bought when I bought the phone, but I think I'm going to order the flip case. I checked a couple stores near me and nobody had the brown one, which is the one I want.

Posted via the Android Central App

bmyoungs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Guess I'm going to have to check out tech 21 as well. No one like the flip case by Motorola? :-(

Edit: just looked at tech 21 case. Seems pretty nice. I also have a perfective case by Tudia which is nice and inexpensive. Offers great protection and small in size. Not as small ad tech 21 though.

Posted via my Digital DJ TURBO!
Have the flip case as well as tudia slim and commuter otterbox. I love the looks of the flip cover but its such a nuisance. Because the phone slides into it the screen is very close to the inside edges of the case which makes using the edge of the screen almost unbearable for me.

I also wish the glass front was positioned to leave the camera uncovered so I didn't have to leave the case partially opened to take a picture.

All in all its my go to case if I want my phone to look good, but I rarely use it for day to day use.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have experience with the otterbox, which is always good.

The tech 21 is good, i really liked it except when my hands were sweaty at all it was too slippery.

I wound up get a speck case because its slim like the tech 21 but has a gripping surface that made the phone much more non slip.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the Tech21 with the Ballistic Nylon. Mine kept popping off on the upper right corner while in my pocket so I tried my sisters and it did the same thing. Works well with the kevlar Turbo though. I've read people haven't experienced this so I have no idea what's up. I don't wear tight jeans so that's not why.

I love my Diztronic case that's actually made for the Nylon.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The three cases i have used, the otterbox defender, tech 21, and speck all fit just just fine on either the kevlar or nylon..

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The three cases i have used, the otterbox defender, tech 21, and speck all fit just just fine on either the kevlar or nylon..

As I said, I've seen many agree with you so I'm not discounting it. For whatever reason my phone, including warranty replacement, had slight issues with it. Not sure why but the cases made for them worked perfectly. I'm not discrediting your experiences.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My Turbo is the 64GB BN and I have 3 cases and one holster. My first case I bought with the phone is a Tech 21. I love it. Only con is it does not have a holster which is what I had been looking for. However to hold, carry on pocket there is nothing I have found to be better. My other 2 cases are Seidio Dilex Pro cases one red & one black. I can't find the colors on Seidio site. The first one was the black Dilex Pro Combo that comes with the holster and I love it. The was a sale at shopandroid.com and I grabbed the red one. They all make the phone a little bulkier but have prevented breakage multiple times on its sides, corners back and a few times face down. I have a Verizon screen protector also but the case has been the primary safe saver!

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
As I said, I've seen many agree with you so I'm not discounting it. For whatever reason my phone, including warranty replacement, had slight issues with it. Not sure why but the cases made for them worked perfectly. I'm not discrediting your experiences.

I didnt think you were, just giving my experiance. Ive heard people ask if there were different cases depending on which style back you had, and it really doesnt make a difference, they should all work fine as far as i know.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I didnt think you were, just giving my experiance. Ive heard people ask if there were different cases depending on which style back you had, and it really doesnt make a difference, they should all work fine as far as i know.

The TPU cases such as Diztronic and Tudia require the correct fitment. So if someone is looking for one make sure you order the one that's made for the phone. The Kevlar version doesn't fit at all.