Has Lollipop fixed the Qi charging issues?

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So now I have Lollipop on my Turbo. Previously I had problems with the wireless chaging (Qi) with KK. The battery would indicate 100% and then just drop like a stone. Seems that the battery meter never showed the correct reading so I went back to using the wired "turbo charger". Anyone who had similar problems seen an improvement with Lollipop? I'm a bit hesitant to try the wireless charging again unless it's fixed.

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Please let me know the results and what Qi charger you are using. Lollipop seems to be really good on battery life. 69% remaining after all day, course I didn't use it much today but still.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I use the Verizon upright Qi charger. Never had a problem with it. Worked great on kit Kat and has been working fine all week on lollipop.

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I use the Verizon upright Qi charger. Never had a problem with it. Worked great on kit Kat and has been working fine all week on lollipop.

I have a Qi charger that is a flat plate. I'd like to get one that is a stand but I don't like the VZW style nor the price. Anybody have any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Amazon. Qi is a commodity, so a Qi charger is a Qi charger. (Some may be better quality, better ventilated, nicer looking, but the technology and power are the same.)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Amazon. Qi is a commodity, so a Qi charger is a Qi charger. (Some may be better quality, better ventilated, nicer looking, but the technology and power are the same.)

A 3 coil qi charger > single coil. They're not completely a commodity.

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So now I have Lollipop on my Turbo. Previously I had problems with the wireless chaging (Qi) with KK. The battery would indicate 100% and then just drop like a stone. Seems that the battery meter never showed the correct reading so I went back to using the wired "turbo charger". Anyone who had similar problems seen an improvement with Lollipop? I'm a bit hesitant to try the wireless charging again unless it's fixed.

My Droid Turbo on Lollipop is working great with my Samsung wireless charger. But then it worked great before on KK. One thing I noticed is that Lollipop uses much less battery so by the end of the day when I would be down to 50% now it's around 69%..

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I placed my phone on my Nokia Qi charger last night at 44%, and I pulled it off about 8 hours later. The phone was absolutely smoking hot (112°!!), and to add insult to injury, it was only charged to 74%! I never had an issue with this charger prior to 5.1, but because of the erratic battery behavior, I stopped using it and went with OEM Turbo charger exclusively until last night. I might try again, but the heat really bothers me more than the charging issue. Very odd. Maybe the phone vibrated off alignment when I got a couple of texts overnight.

Sent with Turbo speed!

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Please let me know the results and what Qi charger you are using. Lollipop seems to be really good on battery life. 69% remaining after all day, course I didn't use it much today but still.

I use, I think it's called Itian 6 qi charger from amazon like 25.00 or so. I have 3 of them and they work well for the turbo and nexus 7 . It's the cradle type. For me personally battery life has been stellar since the 5.1 update.

Posted via the dell

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a tylt charger worked fine on both.
Ravpower plate works good but not as fast as the tylt. The powerbot stinks either way.

Posted via the Android Central App

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Bite the bullet and bought a Tylt. Have been using it for the past three days and no issues. Don't know if LP fixed the wireless charging issues I had or the tylt but I'm happy. It is so nice to just put the turbo on the tylt and let it charge. Btw since LP I've been getting fantastic battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith