Why does my Droid Turbo refuse to stay off when charging?

Kenneth Pierce

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Droid Turbo refuses to stay off when charging

Droid Turbo
Android 4.4.4

When charging, it will not stay off. Tried shutting it down with the pop-up menu and by holding the power button for 30 seconds. Shuts down and boots right back up. If the phone is off and then I plug it in, it starts up. This happens when plugged in to a computer, a 3rd party charger, or battery pack, but not when plugged in to the turbo charger that came with it. When plugged in to the charger that came with it it will go to the charging screen. All of this is with the same cable. So the cable type isn't the issue. Well, could be. The cable is a data cable and I don't have a power only to test with.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo refuses to stay off when charging

Welcome to Android Central! This probably won't help, but go to Settings>Developer Options, and make sure Stay Awake is not checked.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

When you hold the power button down for a bit the phone will shut down and restart automatically. Best way to shut down is power button till menu and click power off. Try that to see what happens

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I am pretty sure that this is by design. The phone powers itself on so the the internal service can monitor the charge and prevent battery pack overheating. They must have built in something special for the turbo charger only that can monitor charge without the phone being powered on.

Kenneth Pierce

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Which is funny because I want to use a charger with lower amps to keep the battery cooler; Gets quite warm with the turbo charger. Takes a really long time from 0% with a 1amp charger, but a typical day only gets down to 50%.

Oh well. Thanks for the insight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang