Issues Since Update

mkhol

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
For the most part, I am happy w/the update.....Don't get into all the performance stats, etc. like many of you.....just want a phone that works, battery lasts long, and I can stream music on. Two issues, however, that are driving me crazy are as follows. 1-Notification sounds.....everything except my ringer is hard to hear....and yes, the setting are all the way up....Facebook notifications are almost unhearable (I know, not a word). Not sure why this is, maybe it will straighten out after an app update. The issues that is driving me the most mad is the Bluetooth connection failing. I use several apps to stream music to a Bluetooth speaker and I can't seem to keep a connection. Sirus XM seems to be the worst, sometimes not being able to keep it connected for a whole song....maybe this is the app, don't know, but I had no issues before the update......any thoughts on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the notification volume is set low compared to the other phone sound settings.

I have been using an app called Volume Ace. Allows for customized volume presets that are easily accessible through a widget. You can adjust the notification volume separate from the other volumes to a level that is comfortable. ex: I have a "Work" preset that turns everything off except ear piece volume and turns on vibration. "Sleep" is set to only have the phone ring. Notifications are silent. "Loud" I made with everything all the way up for loud outdoor environments.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd suggest a factory reset.

DeanaB

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok I'm not any kind of phone guru so I need serious help! I did the Lollipop update and now my phone keeps shutting down. When it boots it optimizes apps and then shuts off again and won't power back on. The only way I can get a response is to do a hard reset and the afer the DRoid displays for a min or so it goes right back off. I was able to get the menu to pull up and I cleared cache and did a factory reset. And so far nothing it won't do anything without me pressing the volume down and power keys. I have tried with it charging, I have tried with it not charging. (And although not a guru, the phone has 92% battery)

Any ideas?!?!?!?!?!?

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm not any kind of phone guru so I need serious help! I did the Lollipop update and now my phone keeps shutting down. When it boots it optimizes apps and then shuts off again and won't power back on. The only way I can get a response is to do a hard reset and the afer the DRoid displays for a min or so it goes right back off. I was able to get the menu to pull up and I cleared cache and did a factory reset. And so far nothing it won't do anything without me pressing the volume down and power keys. I have tried with it charging, I have tried with it not charging. (And although not a guru, the phone has 92% battery)

Any ideas?!?!?!?!?!?

This sounds like a bigger issue than can be handled on your own. I'd say bring it in to a Verizon store for service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995