Lollipop issues...

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello all... Looking for a little help and hopefully I can find something here from the experts.

Since the update on Lollipop and the latest small patch, I have had a few issues.

1. Whenever I place a call or answer a call, my Turbo wants to use the speaker phone even though it is clearly turned off. Sometimes I can activate and deactivate it and it goes back to non speaker mode. Sometimes it doesnt.

2. I am unable to get into recovery mode. I shut the phone off, hold vol down the 2-3 seconds, tap the power button and it boots into the loader. Using the down volume, scroll down to Recovery Mode, hit the power and it resets to the screen with Android and the !. Holding in the Volume Up for 10-15 seconds, then tapping power does absolutely nothing. Tried it using the Volume down for 10-15 seconds, tap the power and still nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I do have a Moto 360, however this is happening without the Moto 360 even being on or in the same zip code.

Hoping I dont have to factory reset and rebuild the phone.

Otherwise, I am loving the Lollipop update. Phone is great.

I have had every model Droid since D1 all the way up to the Turbo.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
2. I am unable to get into recovery mode. I shut the phone off, hold vol down the 2-3 seconds, tap the power button and it boots into the loader. Using the down volume, scroll down to Recovery Mode, hit the power and it resets to the screen with Android and the !. Holding in the Volume Up for 10-15 seconds, then tapping power does absolutely nothing. Tried it using the Volume down for 10-15 seconds, tap the power and still nothing.

Try this. After scrolling down with Vol down to Recovery press Vol up to confirm. Wait for the robot and then press & hold power for 3 seconds and then Vol up and release.

Take a look here. Those are the steps for the Moto X but it should work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=465537

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Try this. After scrolling down with Vol down to Recovery press Vol up to confirm. Wait for the robot and then press & hold power for 3 seconds and then Vol up and release.

Take a look here. Those are the steps for the Moto X but it should work.

I can't get my Moto X into recovery so I can wipe cache. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Awesome... Ok. Vol up and down both scroll, however, when I got into the Android in distress, I held in the power button for 2-3 seconds, then tapped Vol up and released. Got straight into Recovery and was able to wipe cache.

I hope this helps with the speaker phone issue...

Thanks again for the help!

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Glad it help! Tell us if the wipe fixed the speaker problem.

Nope. No luck. Still starts in speaker phone mode. Grrrr...

How long should it take to wipe the cache partition?? This one seems to take forever... Like 5-10 mins. It shows Wipe Partition... then Format Partition...

I have to hold the power button down to restart the phone to get it out. It doesnt seem to continue to properly wipe the partition.

I see a factory reset in my future. Dangit!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The wipe can take a while, in some phones up to 10 minutes. It could be that you stopped the process in the middle. Usually when the process is finished you should be prompted with a menu to boot your phone.

I did a little search and didn't found any other reports about this problem with the speaker. Have you installed any app that could be the culprit? Are you using the stock dialer?

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Had to use DERacing's tip to get into recovery, thank you for that. Took 23 minutes to wipe cache, but I think that's the first I've done it since I got the phone (November?)

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I did a little search and didn't found any other reports about this problem with the speaker. Have you installed any app that could be the culprit? Are you using the stock dialer?

Yes, I am running the stock dialer. Im not running any out of the ordinary apps, been looking through my apps list to see if anything is in there that shouldnt be, but most seem... WAIT! Just while typing this, I remembered I did install the Cortana Beta app... I'll uninstall that and get back to you. That would make sense considering that it is a voice activated assistant kinda like Siri.

Thanks again Javier! I may have to send you a twelve pack! :D

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
LOL. Yeah, that's the sort of thing I was thinking. Voice command, auto answer or maybe something in your settings as Moto Actions, gestures ... I don't know, running out of ideas mate :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12