Google Wallet tap to pay won't work after Lollipop 5.1.1 upgrade

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to use my tap to pay on my Turbo since the Lollipop update and the merchants Point of sale gives them a message that the card is invalid...

Anyone having the same problems???

It's so inconvenient since, there is no softcars/isis anymore, and Wallet is the only game in town.... I'm used to using it all the time.... and now it's a FAIL

Called Google and I was told that Wallet app is not compatible with Lollipop...

Isn't that ludicrous????

I remember reading that Wallet was going to be replaced by something else by Google, I think Google Payments... but I didn't find anything...

Thanks All...

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds strange. I used Google wallet yesterday and had no problems. I used it when I first got lollipop and after I did a FDR last weekend. Good luck, I think it should be working.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I also used Google wallet tap to pay yesterday (and have a few times since the LP update) with no problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled, cleared data and reinstalled it, got it setup for tap to pay. and I'll try it today... and see what happens...

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I used wallet yesterday at the supermarket, however it didn't work a couple days before that at the same store, unless that card reader was messing up.