Think I will be Keeping My Turbo for a While

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So far, I am less than impressed with the new offerings that have hit the press. The 2015 Moto X is too big, battery too small, rumored Nexus devices less than stellar. Actually, would consider the Moto G if VZW offers it, but unlikely. Had a LG G4 for about a week and it also failed to wow me, lagged, had screen brightness issues that I didn't like and no Moto apps. Anyone else feel the same.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I will hang on to mine too if the new droid doesnt out do mine.

I watch the new releases to get an idea of what the new droid will have, specs are ok and i love the idea of stereo speakers. But the battery is going to have to be bigger.

I hope the turbo stays at 5.2, but it probably wont. I dont want a rebranded xplay, i want something closer to to the turbo.

We will just have to wait and see. If the new droid doesn't impress me my only other hope is the note5 which i fear will be glass backed and more style than function. If that is the case, ill actually keep my turbo for as long as i can.

But while the x pure looks promising for an x phone, its def not a droid w that size battery

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep mine until something with a bigger battery or better battery management comes along. So far the note looked promising but then I read somewhere a 3000 mah battery.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I read the note will be 4100, which is quite a leap from the note 4. Guess we will see.

Im really hoping the new droid stays 3900 or more. I did get all day use from my note4, hope they dont ruin that w the 5.

Either way im happy w my turbo, even though im seeing the new shiny toys just around the corner.

Posted via the Android Central App

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I think the 2015 flagships have been evolutionary this cycle. The Droid T is still quite relevant as a premium device running L 5.1 and battery to spare. Nothing in 2015 is significantly improved, even the move to 64 bit chips by android mainstream does not play out with a noticeable difference....yet. Lets see what 2016 brings to table. I am on a 2 year cycle so still happy with DT.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Moto Maxx, (international droid turbo) and here I am, still using my old Moto X. The Maxx is too large for me to hold it comfortably. And every new phone with decent specs is as large or larger. :-(

The Moto X has an inadequate battery, and not enough storage for my music. And yet, it's my regular phone.

I think the Moto Maxx is pretty sweet other than its size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol