How to read text messages on computer over USB connection?

Jumanjuju

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I unfortunately just cracked my display. This means that the screen never lights up and the touch screen doesn't work. I can pretty much only use the voice commands to call people in my contacts and that is it.

I was hoping/wondering if there was some way to read text messages on my computer when I have my phone plugged in through USB. I can't use the web app since I hadn't signed up for Verizon Online and it requires getting a code through text message. I figure the phone has to store the messages somewhere so I should be able to access them using my computer. I looked in quite a few folders but couldn't find anything so I am turning to all you for help!

Thank You!

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I unfortunately just cracked my display. This means that the screen never lights up and the touch screen doesn't work. I can pretty much only use the voice commands to call people in my contacts and that is it.

I was hoping/wondering if there was some way to read text messages on my computer when I have my phone plugged in through USB. I can't use the web app since I hadn't signed up for Verizon Online and it requires getting a code through text message. I figure the phone has to store the messages somewhere so I should be able to access them using my computer. I looked in quite a few folders but couldn't find anything so I am turning to all you for help!

Thank You!

Motorola Connect with a Chrome browser? But of course if it isn't downloaded/updated on your phone, and the screen is out, then you may be out of luck.

If this is the first time you cracked your screen, don't forget the guarantee Motorola has of a one-time replacement. Verizon may do it for you and give a refurbished phone like they did for me but it works fine. Unless that's what you're doing and you're seeking the short-term fix, to which again, I'm out of answers.

Posted via the Android Central App

zrcr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately since you can't set it up, it won't fully help now, but for the future, try MightyText. I use that on a daily basis even with a fully functional phone and it works great.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon