Still don't see a 2015 phone that i would buy over Droid Turbo

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
The only one that's caught my eye and we won't know how good it is for awhile is the new Sony Xperia Z5 that's being teased on the front page of this site. I have a feeling Sony has moved ahead with the camera software that comes with that phone. We'll see.

Even then, i probably wouldnt be interested unless all of the high end specs were in the Z5 compact. Also don't know that we would see the Z5C in the United States and certainly not likely to work on Verizon. :(

Last edited:

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Same for me. My dubass wife almost broke my Turbo last night and I was thinking if that really happened is there something better I could get and the answer was no.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree, just got my Turbo last month and no regrets. Interested to see what they come up with for the Turbo2 but I don't want a bigger screen.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Very content here as well. Just about to start my 11th month of ownership.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
As much as I like some of the features of some of the newer phones better such as the form factor and size, I refuse to get a phone with a smaller battery. So until the next version of the Turbo comes out I'm sticking with this. I don't know why Samsung or LG can't/don't make a phone with a comparable battery as they would win over some of the loyal Droid fans.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
There are tons of better phones. I'll be looking at the Moto X Pure or whatever the US version is called and the LG Nexus 5 coming up. Loved my Nexus 4. Had my Turbo for almost a year and I'm not to crazy about it. Some lag on certain apps, don't like the capacitive buttons, and battery life is not as advertised.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
There are tons of better phones. I'll be looking at the Moto X Pure or whatever the US version is called and the LG Nexus 5 coming up. Loved my Nexus 4. Had my Turbo for almost a year and I'm not to crazy about it. Some lag on certain apps, don't like the capacitive buttons, and battery life is not as advertised.

That much is true, but its still better than the other phones out there from what I gather.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
My overall point is that while I am jealous of the new camera on the LG G4, there is no phone out there that has me currently counting down the days until October 2016 when my two year Verizon contract expires on this DROID turbo. I couldn't say that about any of my previous phones after 10 months.

And believe me, I am a guy who always has to have the latest and greatest.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in the X Pure Edition, but want to see reviews, battery life and feel in my hand before any possible purchase.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm just out of contract with the droid maxx. I was keeping my eye on the turbo in case something happened to my phone this year, but now I can upgrade.

And you're right - this year's Android phones are all underwhelming, but really so is the turbo to me, particularly the slow updates from Motorola (how long does it take to do a stage fright patch?)

But, I think there will be a great phone out this fall. I'm almost surely getting this year's iPhone.

I only went Android in the beginning because Verizon didn't carry the iPhone, and then every time I upgraded I was underwhelmed by their phones. But, I think it's time for me to be done with Android for a while and see how I can live with the iPhone. My whole family has iphones, extended family included, my wife and kids included, and I've had an iPad for years, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

At least I'll finally have a great camera.

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong the Droid Turbo's camera? Mine works great. I'm like everyone else, I don't see anything I'm looking to jump to, I've only had my Turbo for almost 2 weeks and it's been one of the best phones I've used in a long time!

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like the reason the phones are underwhelming is because you are limited to Verizon's selection. I am most definitely getting out of Verizon for the Nexus or Moto X. And honestly, you can't blame slow updates on Moto, that is 100% Verizon's fault

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The moto x is on Verizon, and Verizon just announced they'll activate phones not originally sold by them, so I bet the nexus will be fine.

But the moto x this year is way too big, I have no idea if the nexus will have decent battery or camera.

And, yes, slow updates are Motorola's fault. Verizon has approved stagefright updates for Samsung and some other phones. Nothing from Motorola on any carrier. With the massive layoffs at Motorola this month, I'm afraid this will be getting worse, not better.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh no, say it ain't so doogald. Apple = less tech + more cost.

Subjective depending on the person. I use android, but my wife has an iPhone 6, MacBook Pro for her office, MacBook Air for when she travels, and Apple TV for her office. It is a nice setup and she runs her business using Apple products and has done mighty well for herself doing so. Her iPhone is her lifeline and uses it all day everyday. It has never failed, she has had every iPhone since the 4, and not one has needed to be replaced. I have nothing bad to say about Apple tech especially seeing it used in person, I'm actually pretty impressed.

I have a 6 Plus I use off and on but I primarily use Android, however, I'm not ruling out the iPhone being my next choice.

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yup I agree 100% Flybub, Apple products when you use them all together are awesome, can't beat it. I've used iPhone on and off over the years and never once have had any problems, been on android not even 2 months and had to replace 2 phones (Samsung S6) and now I'm on a new carrier & new phone Droid Turbo but no problems at all with this one, but I should of known not to go with Samsung as I've never had anything work with them over the years.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Yup I agree 100% Flybub, Apple products when you use them all together are awesome, can't beat it. I've used iPhone on and off over the years and never once have had any problems, been on android not even 2 months and had to replace 2 phones (Samsung S6) and now I'm on a new carrier & new phone Droid Turbo but no problems at all with this one, but I should of known not to go with Samsung as I've never had anything work with them over the years.

Previous two phones were both Samsung. Both were terrible after first year of two year contract. The worst was the S3. I had a Epic 4G slider before that and it wasn't as bad but I was feverishly waiting for upgrade eligibility with both of them.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Off topic, but with the change in Verizon's plans can we just buy a phone whenever we want and stick it on our data/voice plan? So if a new phone, much better, phone were to come along later this fall could I just buy it and use it on the plan I currently have.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought the turbo on release day and love it.

I bought the note5 on release day too and love it.

I am anxious to see what the new turbo will be, because i hear that the x play is going to be the new maxx, and to be honest it doesn't impress me. I am hoping there is still a new turbo that is spec'd out like last year!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital