Poor Video Quality

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Turbo since January, I think. I generally love it and the camera takes great still shots.

I rarely shoot video, but a couple weeks ago my daughter was in a driving school and I decided to video her lapping the course. Here's the resulting video:

Now, it's been image stabilized by YouTube which crops it a bit, so it's slightly more pixelated that it was straight out of the phone, but this is simply terrible. I checked my video settings and it is set on HD. I was standing across the parking lot and had it set to max zoom.

So, what am I doing wrong to get such awful video?

limeyinusa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Max zoom.
From all the information I read about taking photos and videos it says the best zoom is your feet.
When you zoom it's not like a optical/physical zoom it basically takes the picture and using software zooms. Thus losing quality.

Posted via the Android Central App

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess I suspected that maybe the video camera was using digital zoom, hence the poor quality. What I didn't realize is that there is no optical zoom at all. I always assumed the 4X zoom was optical since I get such good shots with the still camera at full zoom.

So then, I assume that if I had set it on 4K instead of HD I would have had better results. In this circumstance, moving physically closer wasn't an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463