Why does my Droid Turbo ring volume lock on silent?

A

AC Question

Droid turbo ring volume locks on silent

Verizon XT1254 Moto Droid Turbo, android version 5.1.
About once a week I notice that my phone is on silent ringer, I might catch a call because I feel the vibe, or see a missed call. I check where the ring volume is and the slider is all the way to the left on silent. Pushing the vol up hardware key does nothing, touch and slide the slider and it will snap back to silent as soon as you lift your finger. I do have moto assist set to silence the phone from 11pm to 730am, but this problem seems to happen during the day, not just stuck from the nightly mute and the moto assist notification is not up on the screen. If I require the phone to ring at night, there is no problem just moving the slider and moto assist does not interfere.

I have checked through settings, tried multiple ways to raise the volume but nothing works. The only fix is to turn off the phone and then back on again. BTW, what happened to the quick menu that was under the lock button with a long hold that would allow volume changes, vibe on or off, airplane mode and restart? My Gzone has all that under a long press of the lock button.

Any help would be appreciated, I have searched several phrases on google and cannot find any help on this anywhere for this phone.

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Droid turbo ring volume locks on silent

Do you happen to have a video game that you set on mute and play randomly before this happens? I remember reading that some apps that control volume stay in memory and can cause muting even when they are closed. A restart will wipe them from memory until you play again. If so just force close the app in settings apps after playing. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy