Audio always sounds muffled

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I take a video w/my Droid Turbo the audio always sounds muffled. Is there a fix for this or are we just stuck with this **** phone?

Could be you got some muck in your mic. Worth a check. I'm not sure where it is on the Droid Turbo, honestly. Or if there's more than one (high end Lumias for example have four for HAAC).

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Always been like this, no muck anywhere.

It could honestly just be the phone. It could be poor placement (you might be covering it), a case you might be using, a defect in the phone, or simply poor hardware. Or a combination of all at once. Process of elimination should give you the answer. Make sure how you hold the phone would cover the mic at all, try it without a case (if you use one), and do some research to see if the problem is common.

Never-Enough

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
It could honestly just be the phone. It could be poor placement (you might be covering it), a case you might be using, a defect in the phone, or simply poor hardware. Or a combination of all at once. Process of elimination should give you the answer. Make sure how you hold the phone would cover the mic at all, try it without a case (if you use one), and do some research to see if the problem is common.

Never had a case & I have tried holding it all over. Same problem. My username is not a reference to 5FDP.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Never had a case & I have tried holding it all over. Same problem. My username is not a reference to 5FDP.

I haven't heard of any muffled audio issues with the Droid Turbo (although I don't pretend to constantly ferret out the latest Droid Turbo news so I may be wrong) so I'd try consulting Motorola and see if it's a defect that you can get fixed or replaced.