Voice/Bluetooth issues - something a little different. How can I fix it?

jsarche

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
voice/Bluetooth issues - something a little different

Here's what may be a kind of obscure question. In my car, my phone is paired through Bluetooth to my car stereo (an aftermarket Pioneer). When I receive a text message, the Moto app pauses whatever is playing and -- over the car's speakers -- tells me there's a text from (sender). The app goes on to ask if I want to listen to the text, whether I want to respond, and if I do respond, whether it understood me correctly before sending the response. It works great.

Initiating a text, however, doesn't work well at all. Using voice commands through the stereo's connection to the phone, I can get as far as "send message," and then the Moto app hands off the rest of the task to Google, and that's where the problem is. When that happens, it's as if the bluetooth connection is ignored -- I have to pick up the phone to "voice" in the rest of the commands: the recipient, the message, etc. And, do to it, I have to tap on the microphone icon on the phone screen, totally defeating the purpose of the voice-control feature.

The Moto app works great for incoming texts. How can I get it to do just as well handling the texts I initiate?
Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: voice/Bluetooth issues - something a little different

I don't have a Moto phone so not sure why that'd act differently, but in mine (initiated both by S-Voice or Google or Google Wear) I can still hear the prompts through my car's audio system and speak the message through the car's microphone.

There's a setting for BT Headset audio recording in the Google app settings, you might want to try activating that and see if it helps (although in mine it's off and still works through the car).

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: voice/Bluetooth issues - something a little different

Disable all that moto stuff.
Never reliable. I have same issues as you. You could anyways use Tasker but don't know how well it will improve it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair