Android Pay

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is using it and how well it works?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I dumped it when they made the switch. I cannot fathom why they dumbed it down. I don't use a PIN on my phone and I much prefer to only use one if I'm using the app. Now, with a universal PIN for the phone also granting access to Android Pay, you cannot safely allow anyone else to use or borrow your device. I loved Wallet but the whiz kids @ Google missed badly on this one. Check out the reviews on the Play Store for the new version.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the phone PIN requirement either. You just have to wonder about the folks at Google. I will check out the Play Store reviews. Thanks!

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the PIN requirement. I've been meaning to protect the lock screen . . . . but I never quite got around to it. I'm big fan of tokenizing the credit card info to increase security. Now I just need to wait for vendors to adopt NFC terminals . . .

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the screen lock either, but I put the lock time all the way up, 50 minutes? So I really only have to unlock it a couple times a day. The actual app seems to work good though.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I will try the 50 minutes. Also, I do have Smart Lock enabled with trusted places/devices. Glad to hear that the app works well.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I use it whenever I can. I wish more vendors would update and start taking these types of payments. It works fine for me. I already had a lock pattern enabled on my phone because the shake to start the camera was activating in my pocket, so that part doesn't bother me at all. I would use it more if I could.

Posted via the Android Central App

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully many more vendors will get on board. It certainly seems like a slick way to make purchases.

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The only place I've found to use it so far here in Phoenix is Whole Foods, but it didn't work. I think it had something to do with their terminals as they were originally only Apple Pay.

Joe Erato

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Ever since they split pay and wallet I have had issues. When I go fyi pay at nfc stations. I unlock my phone open pay, and scan. It beeps, asks me to enter the credit card number in the nfc station. Then in about 40 seconds the unlock store screen opens,I re unlock then it will scan and work. How do I turn off the unlock?

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've used Android pay without any issues until recently. I was making a purchase in CVS and touched my phone to the terminal. It beeped as though the transaction was successful. The only problem was that since I have chip-enabled cards, I had to take the card out and put in the terminal for it to be read.

If more terminals require this, then I suppose I won't be able to use Android pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol