Droid turbo 2 event tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustBlaze330

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else excited for the event on Tuesday? I will be following closely as I am presently looking for an upgrade with my iphone 5, I am leaning towards the turbo or turbo 2, depending on what it announces.. I wonder what the new contract price will be for it? Do you think itll be like an s6 price around 199 or closer to 100?

Anything you'd like it to have?

Lets see what Tuesday brings!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what the new contract price will be for it? Do you think itll be like an s6 price around 199 or closer to 100?

That's an interesting question. I know that ig you are on contract you can do one more contract upgrade, but I wonder if Verizon will even mention the contract price at all? They want everybody either buying on Edge or buying outright going forward.

I think that Verizon knows that they have a subset of users who will pay extra for the Droid brand, particularly for the battery life, so I suspect that the Turbo 2 will be priced at a premium and the Maxx 2, with lower specs, will be priced more mid-range. That's my guess - Turbo 2 starting at $199, Maxx 2 starting at $99, but the real story will be Edge pricing.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else excited for the event on Tuesday?

Excited? No. Interested? Yes.

I wonder what the new contract price will be for it? Do you think itll be like an s6 price around 199 or closer to 100?

Is Verizon still doing contract pricing? If so, I'd guess it would be around $199 with some kind of a rebate or a special "limited time offer", where you could get it for $99.

Anything you'd like it to have?

Optical image stabilization for the camera.
Fingerprint scanner.
SD card slot.
Stereo speakers.
Marshmallow
Bigger battery than Turbo 1. (hey, why not?)
More tactile responsive volume and wake button.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Based on rumors, it won't be far off, but maybe the Turbo 3 will check all the boxes!

Optical image stabilization for the camera.

Fingerprint scanner.

SD card slot

Stereo speakers. (front-facing for sure)

Marshmallow

Bigger battery than Turbo 1. (hey, why not?)

More tactile responsive volume and wake button.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Marshmallow "soon"? It can't be worse than lollipop was, I guess. (Or can it?)

I'm glad to see no capacitive buttons. Not that I mind them much, but that's one more thing that they have to engineer for that's different from standard Android. The fewer the difference, the easier it should be to get updates done.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh, that's right, android central messes up Verizon links. So, go to verizonwireless.com and add the following to the end:

/smartphones/motorola-droid-turbo-2-employee-edition/#?sku=1810209

JustBlaze330

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
so the battery of the turbo 2 is acutally less then the 1 at 3760,the one has 3900// is fast charging going t o be a big enough deal to trump the size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo