How do I change the settings on a Droid Turbo command center widget?

A

AC Question

how to change settings on droid turbo command center widget

This is my first time asking something on this forum, and apologies in advance for something that should be so simple.

I just got my Droid Turbo, and while I was setting it up I vaguely remember seeing a settings screen for the command center widget. I didn't really understand yet what the command center was at that time, so I didn't change any of the settings. Now, however, I'm trying to get back to see what setting changes are possible and for the life of me can't figure out how to get to the settings screen.

When I tap on an open area of the command center near the top left (right under where the target GPS icon is displayed), a screen opens up for a VERY BRIEF quarter of a second and the top says "Command Center", as if that is going to open the settings screen. But then it immediately changes to the weather detail screen.

Am I going mad and there never was one? Or how do I get back to it? This has been driving me crazy for the past two days. Any help would be really appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to change settings on droid turbo command center widget

Welcome to Android Central! See this: verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85893/. (Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the link. Verizon links often act funny when copied and pasted in their entirety here.)

skidevil91

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

thanks for the link. however, not seeing the answer there. closest thing i see is that it says

"The Charging module provides a link to Settings. Flip the charge face up or down then select Settings Settings icon."

what does it mean to "flip the charge face up or down"? when i tap the battery portion it takes me to the battery settings. swiping up or down does nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Each "module" just refers to one of the circles. The charging module is the circle that shows your battery level. I would guess that flipping the face up or down means swiping with your finger up or down on that circle. You're saying you tried swiping that part of the widget? Here's a video showing how those settings are accessed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9zshsxNonQ

But that's actually just a shortcut to the system settings, rather than the widget settings.

skidevil91

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

hmm. ya i don't have those circles. attached is a screen shot of what the command center looks like for me. swiping doesn't do anything, but tapping various parts of the widgets opens up new screens. when i tap the blank area to the left of the current temperature and under the target GPS symbol, a new screen opens up for a split second that says "command center" and them immediately changes to the weather settings screen. any thoughts?

Screenshot_2015-11-03-18-07-37.jpg

skidevil91

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

thanks for sending that. no mention of settings though. maybe im losing my mind with what i think i saw. thanks anyway

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad