Verizon Messenger+ Question

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Somewhat surprisingly given Verizon's history, I've come to like the OEM installed Messenger+ app quite a lot. It's highly configurable & customizable and frankly, I find nothing not to like.

That said, with the latest update I found an annoying bug - contact avatars appearing properly in the app have become erratic and often are replaced with the generic colored substitutes. Uninstall & reinstall of the updates fails to correct the issue at least, permanently. Clearing the cache & force stopping will restore function but is short lived.

I've seen this reported elsewhere and Verizon is aware of some devices being affected with a patch supposed to be forthcoming. Just curious how widespread the problem might be & the users here should provide a good clue. What say you, any similar issue with Messages+?

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I feel that Verizon (understandably) does not get enough credit for Message+! Sure, it has some goofy "value-added" unnecessary features, like buying someone a Starbucks coffee??? But overall it is way more useful than Android Messages.

I can't say whether I've experienced your problem, but I have seen Message+ forget all the names of my contacts, showing only phone numbers... This is particularly when trying to compose a new message (or using Share and picking a contact to send to). I'm not sure they are related, but I'm hoping a fix for your problem will address mine as well.

matt.eskes

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Well, in all fairness, Verizon doesn’t deserve the credit for the app since it's a Voda creation that they merely license and thow logo in. Personally, I don't see the need to have my SMS messages follow me on multiple devices. To each their own, though.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, in all fairness, Verizon doesn’t deserve the credit for the app since it's a Voda creation that they merely license and thow logo in...

I was unaware.

...Personally, I don't see the need to have my SMS messages follow me on multiple devices...

While I do have a need for this, I don't use Message+ for it (I'm not big on the requirement to maintain a separate contact database with Verizon just to make that feature work). Fortunately, synced messages is not the only reason for using it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Never had a problem with Verizon Messaging+. It's a feature laden app, really the only messaging app that does it all.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Never had a problem with Verizon Messaging+. It's a feature laden app, really the only messaging app that does it all.
I feel the same way, maybe Verizon is getting better with their pre-installed stuff, this one is a gem.

The missing personalized avatars problem is recent and they say a patch is being readied to correct it. This does not affect every phone even among identical brands & models nor, do avatars fail continually, it's hit & miss. Was a mess yesterday & today works fine. I do note that if you already have saved messages (at least one) properly displaying avatars, this will hold for further messages sent or received to or from that particular contact. Only when it's a new text (sent or received) from a sender or recipient with no texts present in your list that the contact avatar fails to load & the pastel generic is substituted. Even then, sometimes works correctly, other times not.

Not a big deal and should be easy to fix
I suspect it shouldn't take long, lots of Google Play reviews about it from folks who really like the app but just want it fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000