Can't clear cache

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I've tried four times now to clear the phone cache according to the directions on Motorola's website. Each time I get to the point where I select clear cache, and after running some scripts on the screen, the fallen down android icon flashes randomly and the phone never recovers. I've let it sit for as long as 45 minutes with the icon flashing and eventually had to turn it off and restart the phone. Any idea why I'm having problems?

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen it take as long as 20 minutes, but not 45... Any chance you could leave it overnight trying to clear?

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I do know at one point the instructions were inaccurate. Also once it gives the prompt it is iniatiaing cache cleaning, it can take some time. I remember the first time I ever did it, it seemed to be like 30 minutes. Thought it froze so I rebooted and tried again before just letting it do it's thing.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I was have the same problem a couple of weeks ago . It would run for about 10 minutes and then fail to clear the cache . I ended up having to re-set the phone which I was trying to avoid . Everything is working great now and actually the battery is lasting longer too which is nice . LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa