How Much Total Space Should Be Seen?

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was recently sent a refurbished Turbo by Motorola to replace a device that was on the fritz. When I look at the storage screen in the settings menu, it shows 24.13 GB total space and 19.00 GB available. I can't remember what I used to see on my old Turbo. Is this what I should I expect to see?

Posted via the Android Central App

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That looks like a 32 gigabyte turbo, but still a little low. Have you done a complete factory reset? Have you RSD it with the latest image? How big was the turbo that you traded in?

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I just received the phone yesterday and it had not been set up prior. It IS a replacement for a 32 GB Turbo, so I assume it should have 32 GB as well. When I look in the settings menu on my wife's 16 GB Galaxy S5, it shows 16 GB of "total space," although there's obviously less usable space on the phone. This leads me to believe that my phone should show 32 GB of "total space," and not the 24 GB I see.

I was hoping one of you that owns a 32 GB model could take a look in your own settings menu and share what you see there. It may be that this is common to all Turbo's. However, IF something is wrong with my internal memory, 8 GB seems to be a reasonable amount of memory to be missing.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The total space on my 32gb turbo is 23.63. Unlike some other devices, it doesn't show the space that the os takes, which is around 9gb. Mine has always shown this. My question is what is taking up that other 5gb from the 24 to 19. Have you already set the phone up? Have you considered a factory reset? Can you screenshot the memory page and post it?

Last edited:

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for the replies. I got the phone a couple of days ago, but I was quick to put a number of apps back on it (as well as allow it to download a number of podcast episodes). I think it's weird the way the Turbo reports "total space," but it looks like all is well here.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12