Why isn't my Droid Turbo letting regular text messages go through?

A

AC Question

Droid Turbo

Hello

I have the Motorola Droid Turbo. I can send/receive text messages from all carriers except PCS. My number is not blocked. The only was I can send a text to my friend is via MMS texting. I have even done many factory reset but it's the same. They don't have any problems with other version customer, just my phone. Is there something on my phone preventing regular text messages going through?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean MetroPCS? And are you using your Turbo on Verizon, or on a different carrier? (I'm assuming you're on Verizon, since you said they don't have any problems with other "version customer," which must be a typo or autocorrect glitch, right?)

Mydroid2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

Yes my friend is on Metro PCS and I am on Verizon. I have no problem sending text message to other carriers, just Metro. On Metro I can only send MMS text. I have Motorola Droid Turbo and I believe my friend has a Samsung

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I"m afraid I'm out of ideas. The reason why I was asking about Hangouts is that if you use that as your default SMS app, it's easy to accidentally send a Hangouts message to someone instead of an SMS, and if the recipient doesn't use or check Hangouts, they may assume that your message didn't come through. I assume the stock Messaging app doesn't give you options to send anything besides an SMS message, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis