No Busy Signal??

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
New one on me. First noticed this morning, a call to a busy landline on my Verizon Turbo results in a failed to connect message - no sound whatsoever & no busy signal. Popup message has the options to cancel or retry. My wife's mobile on AT&T has normal busy signal.

Anyone have a clue what's up with this? All other functions, including calls, are perfectly normal.

b2077be5de7923a156216c747865588b.jpg

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have advanced calling on? If yes, maybe VoLTE is different from standard cellular. (Just guessing.)

If you do have VoLTE, see if turning it off on the phone has the same message.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Ding, we have a winner! This must be some glitch that's recently popped up in Advanced Calling. I've used it constantly since the day it was released & this just popped up. There's no doubt though, I've checked it on/off, on/off twice & that's the culprit. No big deal but had me stumped. I'd actually considered that earlier but blew it off since I knew it had been working while on. Thanks for the "push" to actually check.

I wonder if location (tower specific) has anything to do with it? Anybody else experience just a popup message instead of a busy signal calling a land line?

Last edited:

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with mine since January, I've left AC on...don't really mind but thought it was kinda odd.

Posted via the Android Central App

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with mine since January, I've left AC on...don't really mind but thought it was kinda odd.

Posted via the Android Central App
I agree, it's of no particular consequence to me either, just didn't know what to make of it when I noticed it this morning. I have no idea when it first started but good to know it's not an issue on only my device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad