Broken Screen And Repeated Restart, How to retrieve Pics and Contacts - Droid Turbo?

A

AC Question

Broken Screen And Repeated Restart, How to retrieve Pics and Contacts - Droid Turbo

I recently dropped my Droid Turbo and after picking it up, saw that my screen no longer worked at all and it began restarting itself and playing the "Start up" sound effect over and over. I have important contacts and pictures on this phone and I'd really like to be able to save them. So far I can (sometimes) see it is attached to my computer, but I can retrieve any files because I can't turn on media sharing due to the broken screen and continuous restarting.

I have already gotten my replacement from the warranty I bought from Verizon but I'm unable to connect them to transfer anything. I have also already switched over the simcard and it seems nothing was saved on there either in relation to my contacts or pictures. (If that's even what a sim card is for?)

I would appreciate anything you guys can do to help me and thank you all for taking the time to read this and help out!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Broken Screen And Repeated Restart, How to retrieve Pics and Contacts - Droid Turbo

Unfortunately you won't be able to retrieve anything without being able to connect the device to a computer. However, your contacts should have been synced to your Google account unless you 1) were not using a Google account while using the device or 2) did not sync the contacts during setup. Either way, you can verify if the contacts synced by logging into your account with the replacement device (setup as normal and choose restore) or log into your Google account online and verify that the contacts are tied to your account.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Broken Screen And Repeated Restart, How to retrieve Pics and Contacts - Droid Turbo

It's also possible that contacts were synced with Verizon backup. There is a web site for Verizon contacts - see if they are there if they are not at Google.

Please, everyone: if you take photos with your phone, turn on photo sync (google photos, Dropbox, Flickr, etc. - choose one of them) NOW if you haven't done it already!