Phone app contact photos not matching contacts app photos

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I know that this does not technically impact the operation of my phone but I am about to lose my ****. The contact photos in my phone app speed dial does not match the contact photos that are actually in my contacts app. If you look at the picture below, you will see that the recently dialed number is for Morey Middle School and if you look below the contact photo in the speed dial for Morey Middle School is actually my friend Jay. You can see the correct contact photo in the recently dialed window at the top. I have cleared data and cache for all four of the phone apps and restarted the phone and cleared the device cache and short of a factory reset, I am at a loss. What the heck is going on here?
d041435b7d7fd79ae39819855101e4b2.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. Try unfavoriting all of your favorites and then favorite them one at a time (checking them again as you go). Are the photos then correct?

By the way, do you use Google contacts?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You can also try going into settings / apps, go to the all page, find "contacts storage", tap it and tap "clear data". This will wipe the contacts from the phone and force a resync of the contacts from Google. (Do not do this unless you are syncing contacts. If the contacts are phone only you will lose them all.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol