Is your gmail syncing correctly?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have found the Samsung app is more reliable than gmail app so far. I do still get gmail in a timely fashion sometimes but not always. My doctor sent me a gmail yesterday at 1 pm that I received at 9 only because I opened the app to send an email. I have told my wife to use sms when she wants me to see message quickly.
Settings, under accounts, Google, tap your Gmail account - is it set to sync? If you tap the name of the account, is Gmail set to sync, and is it showing any errors?

See https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6212917?hl=en

Also, just to ask, have you disabled any apps on the phone? If so, maybe one of them is affecting account sync.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Settings, under accounts, Google, tap your Gmail account - is it set to sync? If you tap the name of the account, is Gmail set to sync, and is it showing any errors?

See https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6212917?hl=en

Also, just to ask, have you disabled any apps on the phone? If so, maybe one of them is affecting account sync.
I tried those steps. Thanks though. I will check for blocked apps.

These are my blocked apps. I doubt any would affect gmail.
b3bb16fbe13ffbf21f64acacf9c196a2.jpg

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I think you should bring this to a Samsung Galaxy forum - I missed the hint when you mentioned the Samsung mail app. This is a Droid Turbo forum. You may get more help there...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think you should bring this to a Samsung Galaxy forum - I missed the hint when you mentioned the Samsung mail app. This is a Droid Turbo forum. You may get more help there...
Ah....I just did a search of gmail not syncing and found this. I doubt this is a device specific problem so I hope you won't mind if I continue to read comments here. If you look in the play store there are many complaints about gmail failing to push properly. I suspect it is more of a vzw related issue than a device related issue.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely wifi for me. When my phone is on wifi, any wifi, the Gmail syncing almost stops except for spurts where it downloads a bunch at once.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So as quickly as it went bad, it now seems to be good. I've suddenly been syncing consistently for about the last 48 hours.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine still sucks
Hopefully it won't for long. I thought I read somewhere (maybe even in this thread but I'm too lazy to scroll back) that the problem seemed to have to so with Play Services. I believe Play Services updates in the background without my knowledge, so I'm thinking maybe that happened. No idea how to tell...

Dizzy11

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine's still messed up too. Actually it's gotten even worse the last few days, since previously it seemed to mostly be a problem over night but then would be fine during the day, once I got it going in the morning. Now it's just not syncing at all, throughout the day.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
as of the last few weeks, i am not getting any gmail notifications.

i'll open up my gmail and i'll all of a sudden have new messages.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
as of the last few weeks, i am not getting any gmail notifications.

i'll open up my gmail and i'll all of a sudden have new messages.

Mine has gotten worse. First, not syncing to clear notifications after reading or deleting. Now, don't even know I have a new email, as you stated.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is still hit or miss. Sometimes messages show up and I get notifications, other times I'll get nothing for a while, I'll open the app, and the new emails pop in. I also use the Gmail app for Gmail only...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol