How to reduce picture size

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have two pictures in the gallery app that I need to send to my work email. The file sizes are 4.9MB and 4MB. While they were sent via Gmail, there was no error to indicate any problems. The pictures have not been received at my work email.

I've looked at all photo editing options in the gallery and I also imported pictures into the Google photos app. Both apps seen to lack any option for resizing the image.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Or you can do something like save the image to Dropbox or google drive (etc.) and share links to those files by email.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to take a look at the app in the playstore, since my work computer blocks access to file sharing sites.

I seem to recall in the past that I would send an e-mail and attach a picture. As soon as the picture was attached, there would be a selection of sizes (small, medium, etc.) to choose from.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to take a look at the app in the playstore, since my work computer blocks access to file sharing sites.

I seem to recall in the past that I would send an e-mail and attach a picture. As soon as the picture was attached, there would be a selection of sizes (small, medium, etc.) to choose from.

If that option was in the gmail app, it was a long time ago.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Type Mail will ask you which of 3 sizes you want to use when you attempt to send a large picture...a great email app.

Posted via the Android Central App