Recovering Files from Broken Droid Turbo

MotorolaGuy14

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
So I dropped my Droid Turbo the other day and the LCD/Digitizer beneath the glass screen has cracked and now there is no visual display from the phone. I talked to Verizon and my phone isnt covered under warranty because the phones back plate is also damaged and I talked to Motorola and there was nothing they could do about it either. I was wondering if there is any way that I can recover my files from the phone? My PC recognizes it when i plug it in but I cant access the files because the phones locked and i cant unlock it without a screen. And since the Turbo isn't MHL compatible I cant do the thing where i hook it up to an adapter and plug in a mouse and an HDMI cable and recover things that way. Are there any programs or tricks to use in order to get my files back? I downloaded the Android Studio SDK thing but I don't know how to use it and I don't know what to do with ADB. Is there a way i can emulate the screen? My phone ISN'T rooted and i cant remember if i had USB debugging enabled. Any help would be great!

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The Droid should act like a USB external disk if plugged into PC. However, if you must access the data, just buy another screen, they are less than $100. Install isn't that difficult, providing you have the proper tools.

MotorolaGuy14

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
The screens I've seen are all $145 and upwards in price because of the LCD portion of it. Unless you can guide me to a place where I can find a cheaper replacement? I was just going to replace screen and backplate but I dont know for sure if the phones motherboard is 100% functioning, but i think it is.

MotorolaGuy14

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Well I installed the Verizon Cloud app onto my current fill-in phone and it seems to be recovering the photos that were taken from my Droid Turbo and installing them onto the iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke