Where is my Music stored on this Contraption???

utkgrad101

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid that of course the memory cannot be expanded.I thought I had been downloading and saving music to my physical phone. But it is NOT in my music folder. When I click the little slide button to play ONLY downloaded music, it plays music. I assume it is downloaded only. But I cannot find that music anywhere on my phone! So is it really playing music from my phone? I just don't get it! Is it playing from the cloud or whatever it is called?

This is so very very frustrating!! :'(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using? If it is Google Play Music, offline content is stored in non-readable files that can only be accessed by that app. It is on the device, just not mp3's, etc.

utkgrad101

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay! That makes sense to this non techy person! It was literally driving me INSANE I couldn't find it. Can I make them a MP3 or do I even need to really?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay! That makes sense to this non techy person! It was literally driving me INSANE I couldn't find it. Can I make them a MP3 or do I even need to really?

You don't need to unless you want to play them with a different app. if you do want to do that, it only works with purchased music and you have to go through a process of downloading it to a PC and then transferring the files to your phone via Bluetooth or USB, etc. Kinda laborious. If it's not bugging you to use the app you're using now, keep doing that and you'll never know the difference (other than the fact that you know, right?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma