4G Connection Issues

sn8kman1

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I see a lot of people that are not able to get connectivity of apps on WiFi, but I have the exact opposite problem. When I'm on 4G, none of my notifications work (Twitter, Gmail) until after I connect to a WiFi network, then they come through. If I open the apps while in 4G then I see new messages and such.

Also, Google Photos and my Google Calendar don't sync when in 4G, and this free app Inkpad won't sync with the website over 4G either. I've checked settings and everything appears to be okay. This is what I do Settings-->Data Usage-->Mobile Data is slid to on. I've also gone into App Info by holding the app and can't see any options there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and same issue.

Ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check in Settings>Data Usage to make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on.

Also, do you have any 3rd party apps (from Verizon or elsewhere) that might be controlling your mobile data (to help you from going over your data cap)?

sn8kman1

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Check in Settings>Data Usage to make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on.

Also, do you have any 3rd party apps (from Verizon or elsewhere) that might be controlling your mobile data (to help you from going over your data cap)?

Check and no, no background apps that I'm aware of. Unless they are in my app drawer. I don't have any active ones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How about something like "My Verizon," or an app that allows you to check your Verizon account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some carrier account apps include features that are meant to help you monitor or limit your data usage (which can obviously be useful if you have a relatively small data plan, but which can be a pain if you have lots of or unlimited data). Check through its settings to make sure there aren't any features like this. (Sorry, but it's been a while since I've looked at a My Verizon app, so I just can't be sure.)

I looked over at the Verizon site--do you have FamilyBase? Set Data Limits - FamilyBase - Android | Verizon Wireless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca