Marshmellow Update?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I seriously have doubts that we are getting the update. Promised it almost a year ago and to date nothing.
I don't think Verizon or Motorola want to deal w customers who would need replacement devices if update doesn't work for some.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
To top it all off, and add fuel to the fire, Google just released a Android security update. Given that we don't have marshmallow yet comma Verizon may want to incorporate that update into marshmallow. Which means we can probably expect it in another month or two at least.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll be replacing this phone in a month so it doesn't matter anymore. Just need to figure out what I'm going to get in Nov.

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I think on my next phone I'm going to see who gives better support, Verizon and Motorola as a team suck they blame each other for poor support and screw the customer with their tactics .

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I know this is my last mot phone. The turbo is my 4th and last. They've been good phones but hardly ever get the updates. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not but it just doesn't seem like Verizon/Moto care after they make the sale. The turbo for me has been a good phone

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Turbo is my last moto phone too...moto no longer moto anyway. Tired of the droid/vzw control tactics too from bloatware to update delays, etc. My Turbo just FDR'd all by itself and the battery is not working as long anymore, AND the new google updates are trying to strongarm me for control of my own device. Don't know what to do but so totally sick of attempts by moto, clouds, location, google services, Verizon, et al, at taking over control of my phone. I just want a phone on which I can keep my contacts safe from all the vultures, connect and sync to my computer privately, keep up an appointment calendar, and check weather/stocks/news, and has a giant battery life! Memories of my Razor Maxx HD, or my BB Bold!! I hate clouds, and I hate location tracking, so if someone has a suggestion, I'm all ears!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I just want a phone on which I can keep my contacts safe from all the vultures, connect and sync to my computer privately, keep up an appointment calendar, and check weather/stocks/news, and has a giant battery life! Memories of my Razor Maxx HD, or my BB Bold!! I hate clouds, and I hate location tracking, so if someone has a suggestion, I'm all ears!

iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone 7 Plus. Apple wants you try use iCloud syncing, etc., but you don't have to - you can sync privately with iTunes by USB - and they definitely are more user privacy focused than Google. If that's what you want...

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
HTC 10 on sale for 150.00 off. Direct from HTC website.

This was my solution to my Turbo being abandoned by Lenovo. Despite how much I liked that phone no way was I going to reward Lenovorola by buying another - play it safe with HTC 10, which might be in the first wave of Nougat updates

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
So I Made the switch today . Went with the Z Force Droid . Seems like a great phone so far only time will tell . Updated to Marshmallow when I got it home.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My first full day with pixel xl. I don't like the business antics of Verizon but you can take in any phone with $1+ trade value and they'll give you a $200/24 month credit with a pixel.

Hands down... Exactly what I've been looking for, performance wise, since Android was introduced. Very easy move to the pixel launcher since moto kept things so simple in their launcher.

Droid turbo still has a lot of life left but this phone is hard to pass up once you try it. No more marshmallow waiting for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38