Has Anyone Replaced Their Battery, DIY?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone replaced the battery in their Droid Turbo, by doing it yourself? (There are YouTube videos showing how to do this.) If so, please describe any problems you ran into, and/or give any tips that would ease the task.

I ask because I'm to the point where my battery life has become ordinary--that is, while I usually make it through a whole day sometimes I have to top it off around 8 pm if I want to keep using it. The era of 6 hours of screen on time and 36 hours between charges are over.

My Turbo is almost two years old, looks new and works great and I don't see any new device (so far) that really excites me enough to want to get rid of my current phone.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, and did the screen, to. Had to heat up the wireless charger adhesive, but didn't come cleanly off. Kinda half stayed on each surface. Busted the ear speaker getting it off for screen replacement. Luckily, I had my Droid Maxx available and scavenged its speaker

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and did the screen, to. Had to heat up the wireless charger adhesive, but didn't come cleanly off. Kinda half stayed on each surface. Busted the ear speaker getting it off for screen replacement. Luckily, I had my Droid Maxx available and scavenged its speaker
Thanks for the info. If I decide to do the battery it will be useful. My son has a Turbo with a cracked screen which we might attempt to fix, so double thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair