Now that we've seen Pixel, who's making the jump?

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So, now that we've seen Pixel, anyone here considering making the jump?

I definitely am once I'm a little closer to my contract renewal (February). I know I don't necessarily have to wait til then, but, no reason to be paying for two phones simultaneously on the phone contract :|

My Turbo is (mostly) fast still, and definitely still lasts all day, but I'm finding myself having to power cycle it every once in awhile because it starts slugging and hanging in apps like Instagram and Snapchat or even in games, and can't figure out for the life of me why. I like the added benefit of being able to transfer to the new Pixel as well!

What do you guys think?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I will wait and see the battery longevity tests and some more reviews of the camera. If they pass muster I will put the Pixel XL on my list of possible phones to succeed the Turbo.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think my next phone will be either the S7 Edge or the Z Force Droid .. I'm not going to pay and extra 100 for the 128version of the Pixel xl ($850). I want to be able to add a Memory card if I want and I like that the 1 I choose will either be IP68 water proof or Splash proof at the minimum . Kind of surprised that Google doesn't mention anything about that .

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like that they're allowing unlimited photo storage. I'd love to have this phone. I still love the moto z too though. I may just wait until black Friday and grab the most appealing deal

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
That Google pixel price point is going to allow for discounting big time. It would be foolish to buy one now. Black Friday and Holiday Sales will have that phone significantly reduced... That's my prediction.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm eligible next month and was really wanting to like the Pixel. I love the size of my Turbo, I toted around an iPhone 6 Plus but its a bit big for me so I'm up in the air about the XL. However, I'm done paying outrageous prices for phones so that is another knock against the Pixel. Plan on seeing what the deals are for Black Friday and go from there. I do love Moto's software though, the subtle touches of Moto Display are top notch and very hard to beat.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I certainly don't disagree. I just wish my Turbo would stop acting sluggish mid-day for some reason. I'm actually having quite a few issues with it, but, I'm being stubborn about factory resetting to see if it helps because I don't want to go through the fuss of backing up my texts and photos and such. :\

Amanda Bazan1

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm actively looking at new phones and was not impressed with Pixel. I'll replace my current droid turbo with a GUC one from eBay before the Pixel. But I've been buying my phone's off contract for years now because I live in Canada and we get shafted on devices by our service providers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt