Where do we go from here?

Amanda Bazan1

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My Droid turbo is looking more than a little worse for wear. A few months after I got it, I had it plugged into a cheap charger and there was a power surge. Then there was smoke and it's never been the same since. I live in Canada, so I can't exactly take it in anywhere, and in spite of the fussy charging port it still works well. The real problem is I had to open it up more than once to investigate the status of the fussy charging port and now it won't completely close back up... yes I could put it in my lifeproof case, but part of having a droid turbo is that it is it's own case...

Any how, I'm looking at new phones and I am just disappointed by everything. If I'm going to get something new I want it to be as durable as my Droid turbo with better cameras and expandable memory, but everything looks like a downgrade, except in the camera department. I'm thinking of just getting another droid turbo.

I haven't heard good things about the Droid Turbo 2, but some how the X Force gets nothing but praise, I'm confused, aren't they the same phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard good things about the Droid Turbo 2, but some how the X Force gets nothing but praise, I'm confused, aren't they the same phone.

The same hardware (except the radios), but far less bloatware on the X Force.

If you don't need CDMA, I hear good things about the One Plus 3 (no expandable memory, though) and it is inexpensive. The Wirecutter has a good review of Android phones here: The Best Android Phones | The Wirecutter