Battery life on Turbo replacement phone is terrible!

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Battery life on this phone has been absolutely amazing. When my first Turbo got smashed, my replacement was exactly the same but after awhile the camera stopped working. So now I got my 2nd replacement, and third droid Turbo, the battery is horrendous! Reminds me of the first androids that you had to plug in after 6 hours of use. I am not used to this phone dying every night with hardly any use. I looked at the battery stats and "cell standby time" seems to be draining the crap outta the battery. But not all the time. Guess I just got a refurbished phone with a damaged battery?

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
You only get a "new" phone to replace a defective phone within the first two weeks. After that you get a "certified" replacement....read refurbished. Last year I had a problem with my Turbo and had to return two "certified" replacement phones before they sent me one that worked properly.

You can maybe try clearing your cache partition and/or do a factory reset to see if that helps. If not I'd take it back and make them send you another one.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I do not have much longer before I can upgrade, so to go through the process of being sent another phone and setting up everything for the third time, doesn't seem worth it. A shame that nothing else out there can match the battery or camera of the Turbo, but it's becoming quite obvious I cannot hang on to this thing forever.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Moto Z Play is a battery beast and pretty powerful for a mid range phone. My wife got one about a month ago. She loves it but is not a power user like me. But what I've done on it I like it a lot. I'm eligible for an upgrade in 11 days and I'm probably going to go with the Z Play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith