DROID TURBO: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rollout

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO

It's about time. Kudos to Lenovo for getting this done and not abandoning the DT.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like its time to get a virtually new Turbo phone. Backup everything. Install Marshmallow. Do factory reset. Get new wallpaper. Sort through apps and only install the ones I use frequently. Get new icon pack. Basically set up the phone again making it look like a different phone.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks like its time to get a virtually new Turbo phone. Backup everything. Install Marshmallow. Do factory reset. Get new wallpaper. Sort through apps and only install the ones I use frequently. Get new icon pack. Basically set up the phone again making it look like a different phone.

Or you end up with an old phone that can't handle the new software so it becomes slow and glitchy. And your battery life gets cut in half or worse.

I remember what Lollipop did to my two year old Razr M and I'm very leery of the upgrade so late in the game.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Or you end up with an old phone that can't handle the new software so it becomes slow and glitchy. And your battery life gets cut in half or worse.

I remember what Lollipop did to my two year old Razr M and I'm very leery of the upgrade so late in the game.

Well, I think you mean KitKat, and the Razr M used a crappy old Snapdragon processor. The Turbo uses the Snapdragon 805, which **should** run Marshmallow fine. Comparable phones with the 805 are the Nexus 6, the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy S5.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I think you mean KitKat, and the Razr M used a crappy old Snapdragon processor. The Turbo uses the Snapdragon 805, which **should** run Marshmallow fine. Comparable phones with the 805 are the Nexus 6, the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy S5.
That's right it was Kit Kat. The Turbo came with KK and upgraded to Lollipop. I just remember my M was pretty much junk not long after upgrading. Part of me wants the upgrade, but another part says no, too late now.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... The VZW site makes it look like this is live. Doesn't look like anyone has received it. Has anyone tried to do a manual install?

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Just chatted with a VZW rep. The update will happen on Google's schedule. We can't manually download it via the software tool either. I guess back-up your important stuff and be ready when the update hits your handset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae