New Security Update for Droid Turbo

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see any thread on this topic. I heard there was a new security update from Verizon for the Turbo a couple of days ago and just downloaded and installed it now.

Anybody else get this security patch?

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I got it and installed it about an hour ago. Haven't seen any differences yet. Was hoping it would make USB sticks visible in native apps- no joy though.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I hope I don't jinx it, but my BT attached devices seem to stay connected much better now. I was having a hard time keeping them connected. Now, it's rock steady.

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
After the recent security update, my OG Droid Turbo no longer has the "twist" to open camera function? I cleared cache after the update, but haven't done a factory reset yet. Hate to do it, but will if I have to. Anyone run into similar problems?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
After the recent security update, my OG Droid Turbo no longer has the "twist" to open camera function? I cleared cache after the update, but haven't done a factory reset yet. Hate to do it, but will if I have to. Anyone run into similar problems?

My twist to open camera is still working.

Before you do a factory reset, check your Moto settings. Open your app drawer and tap on Moto. Tap the 3 diamond icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap Actions. Tap Twist for Quick Capture. Verify that it is set to ON.

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! That did the trick. Actually, the new update somehow shut off Moto app so just by going in it allowed me to sign in again and turn on all the features.

However, now my Droid is having problems answering calls!!! When someone calls, the phone would vibrate or ring, but I get a black screen and I can't answer it. The phone is stuck at that point and I have to manually shut it off and restart. I can call out, but not answer.

I called Verizon tech and they told me to do a factory reset, which I did; same result. The tech simply said I need a new phone. Uh, ok. Is that it? I need a new phone? Can someone help?

Don't you just love these updates. They screw up your phone, and it's always around the 2 year mark when your warranty is useless. Conspiracy I tell ya.

I-really-don't-like-updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol