2016 Honda Pilot and BT issues

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Turbo ( XT1254) will not connect to the 2016 honda pilot. system file on 24.91.5
have tried several times to pair/unpair. etc.
my original Maxx (xt1040?) worked with little phone issues.
the turbo will pair but all option other than phone are able to be checked.
went to the dealer he tried my phone would not work, but he got his iphone to connect.
even though it is not one of the phones listed on the honda sight ( told me those are 100% compatible with honda link ) some phones will connect.
no luck for me. been trying to searcg the net for answers but seems others have issues with honda connecting a BT and phone.
is there any solution to this issue? does honda have a firmware/softwareupdate that might be know andthe dealer did not mention?
any info on my phone to help? how does one find out if the bluetooth profiles of the phone and honda are the same or if that is the issue?

TIA
Dave

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify -- are you saying that the phone will connect Phone Audio, but not Media Audio?

Is your phone also connected to some other Bluetooth device which might be competing with the car?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can get audio to play ( stream via BT connection ) but the phone will not connect to the cars BT system, the BT button in advanced setting would stay grey out.

I did get this answer from the lenov forum

Have you checked if Bluetooth Scanning is off? To check, go to Settings> Location> tap 3 dots> Scanning> toggle off Bluetooth Scanning and see if that works.

its 3/4 works, phone connects, I see it dialing, but I have to tap the "transfer" button on the display as it keeps the phone in "private mode"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What about the second question I asked -- is the phone connected to any other nearby Bluetooth devices (like a headset or smartwatch) that might be competing for the Phone Audio?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
nothing else connected to the blue tooth while in the car except for it trying to connect to the honda link system, I dont have any smart watches, or other BT devices, simple kinda guy

Last edited:

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
wiped cache,

so heres the odd thing that if found out today.
If I start the call via the turbo phone i have to tap transfer on the car display, if I start the call via the speed dial from the honda link system no need to tap transfer.

also noticed that if I am on the phone and try to access the internet I get a mobile data not available, use wifi to connect to internet while on the phone. dont remember that issue on my Droid Maxx.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your Advanced Calling option turned on? It's probably in the Settings>Mobile Networks menu somewhere. Verizon phones need to use Advanced Calling (i.e., VoLTE) in order to access the internet while also on a call.

If problems persist, you could try using Verizon's Software Repair Assistant to repair the phone's firmware, in case something got corrupted.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
also noticed that if I am on the phone and try to access the internet I get a mobile data not available, use wifi to connect to internet while on the phone. dont remember that issue on my Droid Maxx.

Right, the Droid Maxx could do voice and data on LTE calls. All Verizon Android phones (and iPhones, which have always been this way on Verizon) that came out in 2014 and later have only one connection between the mobile radios and the antenna (phones like the Droid Maxx and older LTE phones had separate connections for the LTE and 3G radios), so the Turbo, Turbo 2, Maxx 2, Z, Z Force, etc., as B. Diddy said, need the Advanced Calling feature turned on to do simultaneous voice and data on LTE.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you still on Verizon, or did you take the phone to a different carrier? If the latter, your new carrier might not support VoLTE

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
so i was able to get the dealer to upgrade the software, the phone works well if I use the speed dial built in, but if i call from the phone I need to tap the transfer button on the cars display to transfer call to the BT system.

not sure what is meant by advanced calling

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
any additional cost using this feature?

For voice calls, no. It does not consume any of the data in your data plan and is billed as normal calling minutes, and does not add any cost to your monthly plan. However, Advanced Calling also includes video calling. The data consumed over LTE by the video portion of the call does count against your data plan. (Video uses about 6-8 MB per minute, so a 60 minute video call would use about 350-480 MB of data.) However, you can also do video calling over WiFi, which would not consume data.

There is a downside. Calls over LTE will not roam to normal CDMA calls, so if you are driving and leave an LTE area and can only get a 3G signal while on an LTE call, the call will be dropped. Also, if a call begins on CDMA, it cannot roam to VoLTE if you do enter an area with an LTE signal, and, because the call was started on CDMA, it will not get simultaneous voice and data. As time goes on, this is becoming less of an issue, as Verizon has almost total LTE signal where they have CDMA signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz