Where is the SD card slot located?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
People who wanna keep unlimited data!!

Sent from my fingers using AC Forums mobile app

I hear that.. but I have unlimited data and I just bought a droid dna for one of my lines and it didn't take away my unlimited data. bought it for .99 cents not from verizon direct but from a mega retailer.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm eligible for an upgrade now but I won't ever be using it until Verizon forces us all off of unlimited data. My dad is due for an upgrade in August and due to the mediocre screen and no SD Card slot on the Droid I'll either stick with my Note II or purchase a Note III or HTC One. At least I think...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
With or without is fine with me. As to cloud storage, I will say it's ultimately more reliable - remember, while the phone could indeed fail, so can the SD card. For me, the qualifier is having ample phone storage - of any type.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
And remember.. back up to cloud storage is only as good as your wireless or wifi coverage, and data plan, and what files can be backed up. Have a limited data plan? then you need to set it to backup only when on Wifi. Take a video or picture and not get to wifi and have the backup done before you drop/break your phone... and you lost your pix/video. Connected to wifi for only about 15 minutes? is that enough time to upload all your new/changed files to the cloud? If not, you'll again be at risk for loosing things.

Need pix, video, music, PDF, word doc, etc when you're out side of cell or wifi coverage? Cloud wont work for that, local storage will. Taking a trip on a plane and want to watch a movie? So sorry, you can't unless you pay big $$ for on board wifi (if its available on that flight) because its in the cloud and you don't have access. What about listening to toons? um, Nope, same.

What about streaming while driving in your car. If you have an unlimited data plan, and good data coverage, ok, you can stream. What if there is a small break? the song will stop depending on how much might have cached on your phone, what if you go into a dead zone, tunnel, etc? Nope, can't. And if you have a tierd data plan, well, lets hope you have a higher limit.

Not to mention speed of your data connection will impact the streaming quality of your audio/video. Local storage will not.

Besides trips, driving in the car, or at my desk at work, there are times I've wanted to listen to music, watch movies. Local storage was better. There are times while building our house, we met with the builder. Having the documents on my phone so I could refer to them (the floor plan, option selections, etc. in PDF, XLS, and .DOC) was a big help. Often there was little/no signal in their office, despite having coverage while outside.

Don't get me wrong, cloud storage can be good, but its not good enough, and certainly doesn't meet my needs.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Good god. Do we have to have the SD card vs. no SD card argument in EVERY single forum whenever ANY new device is announced?

Nobody is changing anybody's mind at this point. It's all about people trying to get the last word on the matter, which is never going to happen.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Good god. Do we have to have the SD card vs. no SD card argument in EVERY single forum whenever ANY new device is announced?

Nobody is changing anybody's mind at this point. It's all about people trying to get the last word on the matter, which is never going to happen.

The problem around here is certain people saying others are "wrong" for wanted to see certain features that are important to them and it puts people on the defensive.

I personally feel that 720p is fine and that the x8 sounds like an interesting SoC design. If someone wants 1080p and an Octa core CPU with 3GB of RAM I say cool those sound great best of luck picking a phone that works for you!

But if others say "Hey, I'd like a removable battery and a microSD slot - Some people around here say stuff like "you don't need them and nobody else cares about those things." This makes people defensive. My attitude to these people is "Get over yourself! Don't tell me what I want or need." I love Motorola and have been a fan for many years. if I want to go onto a "discussion" forum and "discuss" features that I like or need or would like to have seen I will do just that.

By the way, the title of this thread is: "Where is the SD card located?" so I think that microSD card discussion is "On Topic" in this thread.

ilovemagic

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to think sd slots were a must have but they aren't. 32gb of internal storage is more than enough.

Sent from my HTC ONE fully converted to the Google Play Edition

I'm rocking the Droid Bionic, and was the same way, I needed to have an sd slot. Now after running Android since it all started I can understand why they chose to forgo the sd slot. I believe that Android apps will run better without one, and with all my music in the cloud; I don't need all that space.

Nathaniel

ilovemagic

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Dido! I'm in the same boat, I singed up for the Google all access music pass, and started using the cloud more and more each day. Losing my unlimited data would be a dagger to the heart. I really hate that Verizon did away with their unlimited data plan. It's like a race car driver that could drive as fast as possible, then one day being told that if they want keep their fast speed than they have to pay more money. Android is all about being connected 24 / 7 to the cloud, I don't want to start having to think about how much data I'm using.

Nathaniel

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Dido! I'm in the same boat, I singed up for the Google all access music pass, and started using the cloud more and more each day. Losing my unlimited data would be a dagger to the heart. I really hate that Verizon did away with their unlimited data plan. It's like a race car driver that could drive as fast as possible, then one day being told that if they want keep their fast speed than they have to pay more money. Android is all about being connected 24 / 7 to the cloud, I don't want to start having to think about how much data I'm using.

Nathaniel

It's more like a guy who gets married.... only to be told that he still has to take the wife out
on dates/dinner/movie/flowers/etc every single time he wants "something" :)

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Do Verizon corporate stores account for that many sales? In my town, there are two Verizon corporate stores, compared to 11 Best Buy stores, 4 Walmarts, 4 Costcos, and who knows how many third-party authorized sellers... not to mention online sales... I haven't purchase phones in person in ages... all purchased online.

Something like 75% of VZW device purchases are in the corporate stores

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm also pretty sure that reps get paid more for selling droid branded devices than they do non droid branded devices.

Sent from my paranoid s3...

I don't know where people get this logic but you could pick the free phone or the $300 phone (Droid, iPhone, BB10, WP8, whatever) and it literally makes zero difference to the reps pocket book. Accessories, price plans, and insurance is what they get paid on

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

DrRoger

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Ah, so I won't buy an Ultra. Looks sleek, and the Tevlar body is great, but I want an SD card slot to expand memory at low cost. No SD card slot, NO DEAL.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ah, so I won't buy an Ultra. Looks sleek, and the Tevlar body is great, but I want an SD card slot to expand memory at low cost. No SD card slot, NO DEAL.
I share your disappointment!

By the way, your username looks familiar. Do I remember you from Howardforums discussing the xv6900(HTC Touch) from years ago? If so Hi!

Scott Carle

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
32Gb is more than enough? Not for me. 32Gb internal and 32Gb micro SD and both are almost full, so 32Gb internal with no micro SD is not sufficient.

I used to think sd slots were a must have but they aren't. 32gb of internal storage is more than enough.

Sent from my HTC ONE fully converted to the Google Play Edition

Brandon Sorensen

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Actually it's a QuadCore. DOH! Only two for apps. The other two are for always on and for something else.

Still, not MicroSD = EPIC FAIL!
720P screen like my Razr HD and not enough to get me off the $600+ it will cost me off contract.

The droid turbo is a good phone mine has 32 GB of internal storage 😍 my galaxy had like 10

garyilene

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
SD card on the turbo can be found by pulling out your volume knob. There's a nail slot on the back. Pull straight out.

Posted via the Android Central App