Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By mistermojorizin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The X8 claims incredible graphics performance (155FPS on Egypt Benchmark) (S4 gets 40fps)

I've not seen much discussion of this. Other high end phones get a maximum of about 50FPS on the Egypt 2.5 graphics benchmark.

Curious why no one's paying attention to this? Do you guys not believe this claim? Do you think it's not relevant? Whenever people say they don't like the "specs," I wonder if they're including this spec (I mean it would literally take 4 separate gpus, to achive this number, and the specs are 4 gpu core on the X8...hmm)?

So, taking it at face value, the specs seem INCREDIBLE!

here's a little discussion about it: https://plus.google.com/110694450299...ts/Y8NXp6xqrnE (one of the commenters said his overclocked S4 gets 29fps)

And more on XDA: The Upcoming Motorola Droid Lineup's Gaming Capabilities - xda-developers (excellent description in the first post)

Can someone with more technical knowledge than me please weigh in here.

Default Re: The X8 claims incredible graphics performance (155FPS on Egypt Benchmark) (S4 gets 40fps)

Wow! 155 FPS? That is insane!

Default Re: The X8 claims incredible graphics performance (155FPS on Egypt Benchmark) (S4 gets 40fps)

Its being said in that same thread that the real FPS is 55. Also, check this for more information:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...spectable-cpu/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Ry likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ry likes this.

Specs are cool and all, but they're just a part of the whole experience.

via Ars

The interesting thing about some of these scores is that the difference in clock speed between the Snapdragon S4 Plus and the Moto X's SoCfrom 1.5 to 1.7GHzis only 13.3 percent, but the difference in some of these scores is larger than that (something nearer to 25 percent, most of the time). The phone reportedly includes Qualcomm's Krait 300 CPU architecture as opposed to the Krait 200 (ne Krait) in the Snapdragon S4 Plus. The part number is what you need to pay attention to herethere's an MSM8960T that combines an Adreno 320 with two Krait 200 cores, but that extra D in MSM8960DT apparently denotes a similar chip with a new CPU architecture.

At any rate, despite having two fewer cores, the Moto X does fairly well compared to the Galaxy S 4.